Forums > Critique > Relatively new to modeling...

Model

Jessa Rae

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Hey guys,
I would love some feedback and tips on my images.  I put up a few casual photos from parties and stuff that I thought might add to my portfolio until I get the shots back from my last photoshoot and my two upcoming ones.  I was wondering if you thought they added anything or if I should take them down. 

Also, any tips on posing, what looks might be best for me, make up and hair styles to try, etc. would be really appreciated.

It seems like there are alot of amazing people here that really want to help each other out.  I'm looking forward to becoming a more active part of this community and growing as a model.

Dec 22 05 12:58 am Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Take them down. See it as this, your friends while I'm sure they are quite lovely have no place in your portfolio. Ever.
These photos remind me of what I would find in someones scrapbook. Do you want people to think of your portfolio as a scrapbook? Probably not.

Dec 22 05 01:05 am Link

Photographer

East Coast Visual Media

Altamonte Springs, Florida, US

After a quick glance, I think as most photographers would agree that adding those pictures to your profile is not in your best interest.  I like your beach shots and think they are "putting your best foot forward".  After you have completed more photoshoots I would consider picking the best 1 or 2 of those shots and try to keep the variety in mind.  If you only post pictures of you at the beach it will be harder to get paid jobs or tfp offers at that from photographers interested in other areas of photography (IE glamour & fashion etc).  Depending on your schedule in Jan. I might be able to schedule a low cost or tfcd shoot with you if you are interested, as I will need some more shots outdoors for my own portfolio.  And being that said you will want to entice other photographers with your best photos... and keep in mind sometimes less is more!  If one picture can do more than 5 other shots, then 1 is all you need! smile

Dec 22 05 01:06 am Link

Photographer

Foto di Giacomo

Las Cruces, New Mexico, US

Hi There
You appear to be a very attractive woman however, your photos do not do you justice.  You need some photos that at least appear to be somewhat professional.  I would love to work with you but I am so far away.
Jim

Dec 22 05 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Stan Goldstein

New York, New York, US

As I see it "Beach Head Shot" is the only one that has any value at all. 

Heed well what was said above about including your friends in your pics.

Dec 22 05 11:06 pm Link

Model

Jessa Rae

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Thanks alot guys.  Hopefully I'll get some better pictures from my upcoming shoots and in the meantime I'll just take those down.

I appreciate the advice.

Dec 22 05 11:28 pm Link