Forums > Model Colloquy > Retouching of this girl...

Model

Brandy Engle

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

BasementStudios wrote:
These retouches are unnecessary.  They were done to cover lousy photography.  Please, the lighting is sub-standard, does the guy have a MUA?  OMG, I know it is becoming popular today among a lot of photographers to just shoot and not worry about getting it right in camera, just fix it in Photoshop.  I'm sorry, Photoshop is a tool, not a crutch.

OMG! I was going to point that shit out when I was looking at it. I was like ....He didn't change anything significantly with the celebs, except the butt girl. haha
But yeah, it's all a cover up of shitty photography or photos he fixed to look shitty--who knows in that area. haha

Dec 31 05 05:15 am Link

Photographer

Steve Cain

Irvine, California, US

NV Style Group wrote:

Their parents need a azz whippin for that......
I photograph children all the time and I have NEVER retouched their skin, children have good skin anyway unless they have a skin disorder.......
And those lil girls are the future.......LORD TAKE ME NOW!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Yep, I'd have to agree...those just look wrong to me! Distasteful retouching like that is an eyesore. They look like they're made of wax or something.

Dec 31 05 06:19 am Link

Photographer

San Diego, California, US

I wonder why this is a sensitive subject? Logically, it should not be.

What's the difference whether a presentation is "retouched" in Photoshop, or retouched by makeup, or retouched by various clothes or props, or retouched by lighting, or retouched by angle or composition, or retouched by breast implants, or retouched by lip injections, or retouched by dieting & exercise, a bath before a photo shoot, or retouched by a good nights sleep, etc., etc.,

And this is only the physical visual. What about the ad copy, insinuations, suggestive expressions, eye flow, message, graphic design, psychology, color theory, Gestalt, etc.?

Seems like much ado about nothing to me.

This is the world of communication arts, which we are all drawn to since we are sitting here reading this stuff.

I love it all. Life is sweet. Beauty comes from the inside out and it's everywhere around us.

Stan Schutze
San Diego

Dec 31 05 07:52 am Link