Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Is pixelating appropriate for inappropriate photos

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Consider the image ...

https://www.johnjebbia.com/temp/0028.jpg

Consider that it is new year's eve and I don't to to the party for another two hours so I am bored.  It gave me time think (which is always dangerous).

This image was posted by none other than John Jebbia to another thread, taken by a model and, in his words "sanitized" for public consumption.

Now I understand the need to protect our innocense when dealing with such a sensitive subject, (when such a sensitive area is exposed to the sun), but I have a question.

When posting an inappropriate photo, it is appropriate to pixealate it to bring it into the norms of the community.  I am wondering if it is an front to the artistic statement of the model who shot the image of the photographer.  Since we have had threads on the importance of shooting minors in the nude so that we can maintain our artistic integrity, are we not doing a disservice to the copyright holder of this image by posting a derivative work without evidence of her consent?

While I realize that the derrier is that of the photographer, it was in fact the model who took the shot.  So much effort is expended in these forums about the importance of copyright and the rights of the holder that I wonder if the posting of the image is even legal.  I don't see where Aimee has consented to the modification, (although displaying one's toushee for editorial purposes is probably considered "fair use").

So while I support the right of Mr. Jebbia to amend the image to suit his sensibilities, I think as a community, we should support the rights of the model (who in this case was the photographer) to ensure the artistic integrity of her work!

Just my thoughts.  Thank God it is almost party time.

Dec 31 05 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Holy Crap!

Wait a second..
So woman ass: appropriate,
man ass: inappropriate

or just John Jebbia ass: inapropriate

DOUBLE STANDARD!

Dec 31 05 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

I dunno but I think someone just proved what happens when hair falls out of the head during balding. It just transplants -chuckle-

Dec 31 05 09:56 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ass is okay...it is b(o)(o)ies we have to worry about. Damn, hasn't being a GWC taught you ANYTHING? And if that is indeed John Jebbia, where is the sagginess I have learned to expect from photographers? I postulate he cannot be a real photographer because his ass, even pixelated, is too small.

Dec 31 05 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Lapis wrote:
Ass is okay...it is b(o)(o)ies we have to worry about. Damn, hasn't being a GWC taught you ANYTHING? And if that is indeed John Jebbia, where is the sagginess I have learned to expect from photographers? I postulate he cannot be a real photographer because his ass, even pixelated, is too small.

It's me. Alan has met me before.. he can attest that it is me.

Dec 31 05 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

John Jebbia wrote:
It's me. Alan has met me before.. he can attest that it is me.

Well, I cannot attest to the buttocks, but the back of his head is authentic!

Dec 31 05 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I had shot with that particular model over 100 times and she encouraged me to do that. So it's not quite as inapropriate as it may appear.

Funny side note to that shot..

That was done in Rocky Point, Mexico. And the sand dune location we had to take ATV's to get to.. About 15 miles out of the main town. Well, we each had our own ATV and she decided it would be funny to take my clothes and leave. I couldn't exactly chase after her, afterall I had all of my camera gear to pack up.

Make a long story short.. John Jebbia rode all the way back to the hotel buck naked with nothing more than the helmet. And Gringos go to jail if they ATV with no helmet.

So, 15 miles.. over sand dunes, down a main highway, through city streets. Buck naked with nothing but the helmet on my head!

Dec 31 05 10:07 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

Well, I cannot attest to the buttocks, but the back of his head is authentic!

So, how did you get such a good look at the back of his head?

Dec 31 05 10:07 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

John Jebbia wrote:
I had shot with that particular model over 100 times and she encouraged me to do that. So it's not quite as inapropriate as it may appear.

Funny side note to that shot..

That was done in Rocky Point, Mexico. And the sand dune location we had to take ATV's to get to.. About 15 miles out of the main town. Well, we each had our own ATV and she decided it would be funny to take my clothes and leave. I couldn't exactly chase after her, afterall I had all of my camera gear to pack up.

Make a long story short.. John Jebbia rode all the way back to the hotel buck naked with nothing more than the helmet. And Gringos go to jail if they ATV with no helmet.

So, 15 miles.. over sand dunes, down a main highway, through city streets. Buck naked with nothing but the helmet on my head!

Oh my gosh.  So now I am learning about a side of you I never knew.

Now to a statement you made:  "So it's not quite as inapropriate as it may appear," if it is not quite as inappropriate, how inappropriate was it?

Dec 31 05 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Lapis wrote:
So, how did you get such a good look at the back of his head?

Well, John doesn't normally have his head up his butt, so it was pretty easy to see.

Dec 31 05 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Dec 31 05 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Well, the fact that hundreds of Mexicans had to witness my naked ATV riding ass makes it on a scale of 1-10 a 4.

Dec 31 05 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Lapis wrote:
I postulate

Oh good GOD, can you PLEASE do that behind close doors?! This is a work safe website, remember?! smile

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

You can plainly see hair thinning on the back/top of his head ya brat smile

Obviously your mind is not dirty enough tonight.

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Well, the fact that hundreds of Mexicans had to witness my naked ATV riding ass makes it on a scale of 1-10 a 4.

On the GWC Universal Index, a "4" falls into the category of limited perversion which is acceptable for a mainstream photographer and actually categorizes you as totally NORMAL.  Darned, I was hoping you were a closet pervert.

Dec 31 05 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Lapis wrote:

Obviously your mind is not dirty enough tonight.

Not dirty enough, I like how you think,lol. And I do think a light just clicked on here,lol. Anyway, I am trying to finish my website for its 1/1 official opening. This is why I may not see all here right now,lol.

Dec 31 05 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

On the GWC Universal Index, a "4" falls into the category of limited perversion which is acceptable for a mainstream photographer and actually categorizes you as totally NORMAL.  Darned, I was hoping you were a closet pervert.

You know.. we're ALL perverts. We all got into this business for one reason and one reason only. Some of us figured out a way to make money at it, others have not.

But to say anyone gets into photographing internet models just for the money is full o' crap!

I can think of 1000 easier ways to make a living.

I have a subscription to Playboy.com, does that count?

Dec 31 05 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

John Jebbia wrote:
I can think of 1000 easier ways to make a living.

I make all my money in this business, but do you really want to call it "a living?"

Dec 31 05 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I make all my money in this business, but do you really want to call it "a living?"

I do feel a little guilty when I say something like:
I want to "work" with her.
I "worked" with.

I'm hard pressed to call this work. Work is construction, flipping burgers, telemarketing. This is a dream job we all wanted as kids when sneaking our father's Playboy magazines. So, I would say it's safe to say that most of us, in the beginning got into this for the beautiful ladies.. and the money was just sort of a by-product.

Now some will deny it, but I still think they're full o' crap!

By the way, I make 60% of my income playing poker, 39% from photography, 0.5% from the stock market, 0.25% from change I find in the couch and on the street, and 0.25% from recycling.

And when I am in a real pinch for cash, I go get a job that offers paid training then I quit on my first day on the job.

Dec 31 05 10:26 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

John Jebbia wrote:
And when I am in a real pinch for cash, I go get a job that offers paid training then I quit on my first day on the job.

Then you are clearly a learned individual.

Dec 31 05 10:32 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Where did Lapis go.. I think she thought I had a cute ass.

Dec 31 05 10:35 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Where did Lapis go.. I think she thought I had a cute ass.

She wants to see your toushee, not your pixels.  You just dissappointed her, that's all.

Or maybe she is just upset because you posted a derivative work.

Dec 31 05 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Now THAT's an ass!

Dec 31 05 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Now THAT's an ass!

Now Lapis will never come back!

Dec 31 05 10:44 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Holy crap! I'm getting offers from models who wanna pay ME!

Dec 31 05 10:51 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

I do love the unnecessary censorship skit.   Is it Jimmy Kimmel or Conan?

Dec 31 05 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Holy crap! I'm getting offers from models who wanna pay ME!

Tell them that you are no longer available for TFP.  You expect not less than your regular daily rate of $23.75 but you do expect copies of all images from the shoot, both of them.

Dec 31 05 10:58 pm Link

Model

Inferi

Eagan, Minnesota, US

John Jebbia wrote:
I have a subscription to Playboy.com, does that count?

No, not really.  Gotta do better than that. wink

Dec 31 05 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Is this the same thing as sending unsolicited e-mails of inapropriate images to unsuspecting models? Or do we make an exception in this case since I have been drinking?

Dec 31 05 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Is this the same thing as sending unsolicited e-mails of inapropriate images to unsuspecting models? Or do we make an exception in this case since I have been drinking?

I don't know but I just sent a copy to Dave Hall.  We'll get his view.

Dec 31 05 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I don't know but I just sent a copy to Dave Hall.  We'll get his view.

I think I posted this picture on there once.

Dec 31 05 11:10 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

John Jebbia wrote:

I think I posted this picture on there once.

Dec 31 05 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

EDITOR'S NOTE:  This image was originally pixelated to preserve the modesty of the model, but defacing the purity of the image as conceived by the artist.  That travesty has now been corrected with image posted now with the model portrayed in all the glory bestowed upon him by the creator.

Alan. You are very good at photoshop. I had no idea my ass could be reconstructed like that!

Dec 31 05 11:23 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Alan. You are very good at photoshop. I had no idea my ass could be reconstructed like that!

I am a good hacker as well.  I managed to get onto your server and update the original.  NOT

Dec 31 05 11:25 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

John has a great ass for an old man! lol!!

Dec 31 05 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Darkdesire wrote:
John has a great ass for an old man! lol!!

Spread the word!

Dec 31 05 11:36 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Does this thread demonstrate the Mayhem that MM is all about?

Dec 31 05 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Does this thread demonstrate the Mayhem that MM is all about?

Yes, but now you have all those models chasing after you!

Jan 01 06 12:01 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Here is the result of all of this mayhem!

https://www.socalpromodels.com/after.jpg

Some guys get all the girls!

Jan 01 06 12:16 am Link

Model

Inferi

Eagan, Minnesota, US

you all must be in a mood tonight!! wink

Jan 01 06 12:18 am Link