Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Starbucks Lovers - You might be interested in this

Model

Horsie Girl

Santa Rosa, California, US

I start every morning with a iced mocha from starbucks.  I meet my friends there every morning, there about 20 of us there every day!  lol

Jan 03 06 02:58 pm Link

Model

N-Vancouver

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Jan 03 06 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jan 03 06 03:03 pm Link

Photographer

Absinthe Photography

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

Model Sarah wrote:
They are more Nazi's than Wal- Mart.

HA HA...you haven't been to the Walmart around here.  wink  I swear they're muttering "seik heil" under their breaths...

Whereas the local Starbucks in my area are all very nice, have great employees, and are generally well received...though I still tend to go to the smaller coffee shops to relax...*shrugs*

HEIL!!

~Jer

Jan 03 06 11:08 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

bencook2 wrote:

OMG the Caramel Machiato is like main lineing heroin!  I actually get the shakes when I come down off the caffien and sugar in those things!

Ben? I didn't know you were a recovering heroin addict. Now some of those non sequiter ramblings begin to make sense.

wink

Jan 04 06 01:01 am Link

Model

Sarah Schaf

Wyandotte, Michigan, US

I heard this same EXACT thing about a year ago. I stopped going to Starbucks. I don't support the war, but I support the troops and OUR country. So, I gave up Starbucks. Then about 3 months ago, I thought, why the hell was it not on the news or no one else has heard about it? So, I wondered if it was some anti-Starbucks group that made up the rumor. I guess we'll never know!

Jan 04 06 01:05 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Horsie Girl wrote:
I start every morning with a iced mocha from starbucks.  I meet my friends there every morning, there about 20 of us there every day!  lol

Yea, could you tell them if they arent ordering and are just standing with a friend, or already ordered, get the hell outta the line so I can order? I have to get to work on time, too,lol.

Jan 04 06 01:12 am Link

Photographer

Paul Brecht

Colton, California, US

Sort of a siderailing  (hijack), but cute nonetheless...

In Los Angeles, we had the county fair a while back.

Here's the promo's to show why LA needs a county fair:

http://www.lacountyfair.com/2005/video/CLASSROOM.mov
http://www.lacountyfair.com/2005/video/CASHMERE.mov

The 1st one is sort of on topic for this thread...

Paul

Jan 04 06 01:25 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

http://www.glamourboulevard.com/diana/p … 5970a.htm\

wish I could make this open in the reply
grr

Jan 04 06 01:28 am Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

I am the most cynical person on the planet....I believe NOTHING on the net, 50% of whats on the mainstream news and .01% of the stuff I hear on talk radio and TV.

Motivation.....when you hear something always consider what may be motivating the writer....keep in mind that unless you personally know the writer it could be anyone.  People lie.  In fact youre safer to assume everything is a lie unless you have substantial proof otherwise.....

What happened to critical thinking?

Jan 04 06 08:31 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Katalina Daer

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Jenni L wrote:
Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them
know how much they liked their coffee and to request that they send some of it
to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products!

As a war vet writing to fellow patriots, I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house for what they and I believe is right.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will never know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

"Semper Fidelis."
Sgt Howard C. Wright
1st Force Recon Co
1st Plt PLT

PLEASE DONT DELETE THIS ... ALLOW IT TO BE PASSED TO ALL

IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT!!!

I like starbucks, Ill keep drinking the coffee as I dont support war of any kind either, even if it is one that "liberates" people.

IN some ways I kinda wish this was a true event.

Jan 05 06 08:00 am Link