Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > get paid to take surveys..is this crap????

Model

Samm

WEST CAMP, New York, US

Jan 05 06 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Not sure.   I do not have time to decide and check it out for you.

But my mother has gotten small jobs like this as she is recently retired.
One was a court survey and another was a survey on a new brand of soda.

Just be careful when giving out your personal information.

Jan 05 06 02:00 pm Link

Model

Samm

WEST CAMP, New York, US

thanks! it just sounds too good to be true...ya know?  but then again.....this one i found sounded better than any of the other ones i found, safer.... there was also ratings on it on a ratin site i found....  hmmm....has anyone on here tried those kind of sites?

Jan 05 06 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Two things...

The site says this:

"There is one thing that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that this isn't a "scam" ...

... The fact that we use ClickBank.com to process our orders - quite possibly the Internet's largest and most prestigious payment processor."

Actually, PayPal is the largest and most trusted payment processor, and they do mention PayPal in the FAQ, but seem a little... um... shy about encouraging folks to use  it. To me, that's a big red flag.

Also, they have a lame and easily circumventable 'right-click-disabling' script on their page. Why would they want to prevent folks from copying stuff from their FAQ, unless they didn't want folks to hold them accountable for what it says on their FAQ?

The whole thing sounds scammy. I'd say avoid.  OTOH, similar to marksora's experience, my Mom also did some of this type of stuff, but she responded to an ad published in the local newspaper.

Jan 05 06 02:23 pm Link

Model

Samm

WEST CAMP, New York, US

ok....point well taken........in that case...is there ANY sites out there where u can make money.....i know i sound like a money freak...but i've had ALOT of free timetoday and i'm wanting more money like everyone else.....

Jan 05 06 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Samm wrote:
ok....point well taken........in that case...is there ANY sites out there where u can make money.....i know i sound like a money freak...but i've had ALOT of free timetoday and i'm wanting more money like everyone else.....

No, you don't sound like a money freak, Samm... we all need the green stuff smile

I guess I'm kinda surprised that you're not getting tons and tons of bikini work... you have a GREAT look! Hey, New Yorkers!!! Put this lady to work! smile

Jan 05 06 02:38 pm Link

Model

Samm

WEST CAMP, New York, US

awwww ur too sweet!   Yea, i have a paid shoot next thursday.....   hehehehe   but free fast money anyone could want right?     if ya ever discover anything.....  send it my way!     not that posing and smiling is hard....lol, but ya know...it'd be nice to earn like 25 bucks every time i click a button... smile hehehe

Jan 05 06 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Harrison Sweazea

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

Been there done that...it's PURE CRAP. You won't make much money for the hours you spend filling out surveys, and more than half of them you won't "qualify" for...waste of time for me, and I tried it for several months!

Jan 05 06 02:53 pm Link

Model

Samm

WEST CAMP, New York, US

my hopes are drowning....at least i know now...i thought that this particular website was a good one...o well...thanks though

Jan 05 06 03:39 pm Link

Model

Felicia

Clearwater, Florida, US

Don't do it!!!

Jan 13 06 03:01 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Samm wrote:
http://www.surveysun.com/faqs.html

Online surveys, I would say is crap. I used to get calls to my office to take real surveys. This is where you go to a research company in downtown, get assigned to a group and answer directed questions by a surveyor. I was paid for my hour's worth of answers. $75 to $150 each time I took a survey.

I took an online survey once and got nothing.

In San Francisco, during my time, it was Fleischman Field Research. Totally legit.

I don't know if I'm privileged to tell you what kind of surveys I took, but it was mostly for computer hardware and software stuff. I wanted to get in with the group that was doing food and wine. heh.

Jan 13 06 03:11 am Link