Capt Stu Beans wrote:
for those who use (and love) em...

http://www.rawworkflow.com/products/whibal/index.html

have you seen or used this?

Jan 06 06 11:11 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I would imagine using these would be rather cumbersome since they are so small. Filling the frame to measure the balance seems like it would be a chore..

Jan 06 06 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Eric Messick

Middletown, California, US

It looks like the idea is that you use them when shooting raw, rather than to set the camera wb.  Then you just need an area you can sample to determine the adjustment.

Jan 06 06 11:27 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Eric Messick wrote:
It looks like the idea is that you use them when shooting raw, rather than to set the camera wb.  Then you just need an area you can sample to determine the adjustment.

But then you'd have to run a batch to match the rest of the images WB to your sample right? Imagine having to batch 3 or sets of images when you change your WB after you get back to the shop rather than getting a measured balance "in camera" then just firing away.

I don't disagree that the cards aren't useful, just seems; in my opinion that you've now added another step or two to your workflow.

Jan 06 06 11:34 am Link

Photographer

Fireflyfotography

Las Colinas, Panamá, Panama

Workflow  is reduced with the WB cards but you need to get the White balance in the ballpark of the scene.. S/N ratio and all..

The light grey card is for Jpegs..
The thing I like about this one is that the black is black around 10 15 5 something like that Macbeths Color is 40 points

Jan 06 06 11:46 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

I have made my own cards out of different colors and shades of construction paper,lol. Just to see what effects I would get. Can me interesting.

Jan 06 06 11:49 am Link

Photographer

Fineartdigital

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

theres an informative set of videos on the sight you can watch to see the useage.. I like the idea of including it in one image and then selecting the white black or grey point, but I have never used one and Im thinking It would just sit in the bag.

so many toys, so little cash   sigh....

hey Stu, my biirthday is the 9th! hint hint! smile

Jan 06 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Brian Mackey wrote:
theres an informative set of videos on the sight you can watch to see the useage.. I like the idea of including it in one image and then selecting the white black or grey point, but I have never used one and Im thinking It would just sit in the bag.

so many toys, so little cash   sigh....

hey Stu, my biirthday is the 9th! hint hint! smile

lol...and you'll get what i got you last year! I could throw in a kick to the shins instead of a red bow. lol

No, i dont have one of those cards. I adjust in rawshooter. soon aperture.

Jan 06 06 04:00 pm Link