Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Howard Not Streaming....

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

WOW.. Kind of disappointed this morning when I got to work and Howard Stern wasn't streaming on Sirius.... I have my Sportster in the dock at the studio with the car dock in my other car which is in shop, and I'm still holding out putting anything other than the factory satellite radio adapter in my new truck because I don't want to dig holes in the interior already but .. When I got to work I was set to hear some #$^&#$% and a few more @#$%% and some confessions.. Low and behold, that faggot isn't streaming.. WTF.. I'm thinking they'll probably have a week to get the stream up or I'll cancel, seeing as how HS was the only real reason I bought Sirius.. Shade45 is okay.. but not enough reason for me to keep it...

Anyone else shocked he wasn't streaming?? Yes No... Maybe so

Jan 09 06 09:41 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

He just struck the deal not too long ago. It takes a while to get all the legalities, paperwork and technicalities set up to get a radio show going. I personally see no point in paying for radio to be able to hear curse words,lol.

Jan 09 06 09:45 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

I thought he was dead.

Jan 09 06 09:45 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
He just struck the deal not too long ago. It takes a while to get all the legalities, paperwork and technicalities set up to get a radio show going. I personally see no point in paying for radio to be able to hear curse words,lol.

He just struck the deal not too long ago??? If you can't get your sh*t together in a year, you should fire your legal team.. The last 3 seasons on KROCK have been nothing be a continuous commercial about Siruis.. I've been a subscriber since last December, because I got my equipment for Christmas 04, and I knew he was coming (All Over America), back then..

No disrespect.. but that was a weak excuse.. No???

Jan 09 06 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

EMG STUDIOS wrote:
He just struck the deal not too long ago??? If you can't get your sh*t together in a year, you should fire your legal team.. The last 3 seasons on KROCK have been nothing be a continuous commercial about Siruis.. I've been a subscriber since last December, because I got my equipment for Christmas 04, and I knew he was coming (All Over America), back then..

No disrespect.. but that was a weak excuse.. No???

Geez, too much coffee? Last I recall the news about him signing the contract was just on the news within the last month. I could be wrong but that is no reason to be a be angst ridden about it,lol. You bought that equipment just for the stern show?

Jan 09 06 09:53 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
Geez, too much coffee? Last I recall the news about him signing the contract was just on the news within the last month. I could be wrong but that is no reason to be a be anxst ridden about it,lol. You bought that equipment just for the stern show?

No he struck the deal over two years ago.  The news has only covered it recently because the actual switchover was supposed to happen a couple of days ago.  He's been off syndication since last Monday I believe (I don't listen, so it's just a guess).

He was supposed to be up and running on Sirius the very next day.  Don't know why he wouldn't be...

Also http://www.howardstern.com/ shows that he did a show today...

You sure that thing is set up right?  Might want to call customer support.

Jan 09 06 09:54 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

raveneyes wrote:

No he struck the deal over two years ago.  The news has only covered it recently because the actual switchover was supposed to happen a couple of days ago.  He's been off syndication since last Monday I believe (I don't listen, so it's just a guess).

He was supposed to be up and running on Sirius the very next day.  Don't know why he wouldn't be...

Also http://www.howardstern.com/ shows that he did a show today...

You sure that thing is set up right?  Might want to call customer support.

ah,ok. I didnt know. I outgrew howard stern back when I was in highschool,lol.

Jan 09 06 09:58 am Link

Photographer

retphoto

Sunbury, Pennsylvania, US

HS is so much HOT AIR, and Sirisus is going to find out rather quickly that he was extremely overrated.

They invested a fortune in him, and it's NOT going to pay out the way they hope.

Jan 09 06 10:00 am Link

Photographer

Gary L.

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

I've been an XM user for 2.5 years, and it's worth it.   you might be too cheap,  you might not care about talk radio, or about live sports broadcast, or about being able to pick the type of music you want to listen to (80s, 90s, old skool rap, wahtever), instead of the same shit every hour, that you get on FM.  It makes those long ass drives a lot more sane. It's the same reason you pay for cable, or you too cheap to get cable?

As for Howard Stern, his move to Sirus was announced over a year ago.  I think he had to finish out his existing contract, before making the switch.  But they wouldn't have have had billboard signs up, if the legal issue wasn't completed.

Jan 09 06 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Carlton Primm

Dallas, Texas, US

Don't know that I understand what you mean by streaming.  I know what streaming means, but why would pay radio have a free (I'm assuming) stream.

He's definately up and running this morning on Sirius.  I saw interviews with him on GMA and they ran repeats on Larry King all weekend.  This morning they said the show was on, but I don't have Sirius.

Listening to his interviews, he said, he didn't want to use much bad language.  According to him, all he wants to do is have the ability to do the show he used to do 10 years ago.  Sirius is really behind him.  They have paid him mucho dinero.

Jan 09 06 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Vito

Brooklyn, New York, US

First, saying he is "over" has been said for the last 20+ years. See what that did.

Second, the deal was announced (and plugged away) since Nov-Dec of 2004. Since then, Sirrius went from ~500,000 subscribers to 2.5 million subscribers. Why do you think that happened? Because of Martha Stewart? Don't think so. Sirrius said if they get 1 million listeners from Stern, they will break even with the Stern contract. They passed that.

Stern's last live terristrial radio show was December 17th, 2005. The shows up until Decemeber 30th were all "Best of". Now DLR is on on the east coast. Maybe if they fed that to the West coast, people would be able to fall asleep as fast as they're doing here listening.

And I believe the streaming will only be available to subscribers

Jan 09 06 10:12 am Link

Photographer

ELANFOTOS

Miami, Florida, US

i am hearing him just fine! ANd i dont have SIRIUS.... I have a live internet stream coming in and i have him live... the only technical stuff he talked about  was how some of the mics sounded. No callers called in with any issues...

Photographer

ELANFOTOS

Miami, Florida, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

wtf?

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Carlton Primm wrote:
Don't know that I understand what you mean by streaming.  I know what streaming means, but why would pay radio have a free (I'm assuming) stream.

Streaming means.. his talk show is not available to stream online.... You can't Sirius unless you have either a free trial account or you pay for the service. I understand that the show is on... please read my OP... stating such....

Jan 09 06 10:13 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

ELAN IMAGE STUDIO wrote:
i am hearing him just fine! ANd i dont have SIRIUS.... I have a live internet stream coming in and i have him live... the only technical stuff he talked about  was how some of the mics sounded. No callers called in with any issues...

I don't belive you...

Jan 09 06 10:14 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Gary L. wrote:
I've been an XM user for 2.5 years, and it's worth it.   you might be too cheap,  you might not care about talk radio, or about live sports broadcast, or about being able to pick the type of music you want to listen to (80s, 90s, old skool rap, wahtever), instead of the same shit every hour, that you get on FM.  It makes those long ass drives a lot more sane. It's the same reason you pay for cable, or you too cheap to get cable?

I agree, but my drive to and from work is only about half an hour.. long enough to have me annoyed by Star's (Star and BuckWild) voice... Using my Sirius mainly at work and when I shoot.. I thought about coughing up the $500 or so for lifetime.. but not yet....

Jan 09 06 10:17 am Link

Photographer

Carlton Primm

Dallas, Texas, US

EMG STUDIOS wrote:

Streaming means.. his talk show is not available to stream online.... You can't Sirius unless you have either a free trial account or you pay for the service. I understand that the show is on... please read my OP... stating such....

Thanks for the clarification on streaming.  As for understanding the show is on, I read the OP.  Doesn't really say that.  Oh well, no big deal.  It's all good. Hope it works out for you soon.

Jan 09 06 10:19 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

retphoto wrote:
HS is so much HOT AIR, and Sirisus is going to find out rather quickly that he was extremely overrated.

They invested a fortune in him, and it's NOT going to pay out the way they hope.

You think??? I wonder why subscribership has skyrocketed since he announced he was coming, you'll say coincidence right???

When I bought my first professional camera I invested a small fortune, (to me at the time) and many people though it wouldn't pay off in the way I hoped.. You know what I do now when I we talk about equipment.. I laugh.. because it's funny.. My investment has paid off rather handsomely...

Jan 09 06 10:19 am Link

Photographer

Gary L.

EMG STUDIOS wrote:
.. long enough to have me annoyed by Star's (Star and BuckWild) voice...

isn't he the most annoying guy?  Sometimes he's cool, but most of the time he gets on my nerves.

Jan 09 06 10:25 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

EMG STUDIOS wrote:
I agree, but my drive to and from work is only about half an hour.. long enough to have me annoyed by Star's (Star and BuckWild) voice... Using my Sirius mainly at work and when I shoot.. I thought about coughing up the $500 or so for lifetime.. but not yet....

500 bucks lifetime for a such a new service which could go belly up in the next few months or couple years? Brave man! Think of the models you could get with 500 bucks.

Jan 09 06 10:28 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
500 bucks lifetime for a such a new service which could go belly up in the next few months or couple years? Brave man! Think of the models you could get with 500 bucks.

$500 is not a lot of money, I've lost that money in a day trading on NASDAQ. It's highly unlikely that satellite radio will go belly up. You'd have a good arguement if I didn't know better.

Anyone that I've ever talked to that has satellite radio has nothing but good things to say about it. I purchased my radio for "one" reason and have enjoyed it up until this day. A personal prerequisite to my purchase was the ability to stream HS and to my surprise many of the talk shows weren't streamed but HS said his would be.

I thought I would never spend $3000 on a television, $4000 later no one that visits my home has anything negative to say about the picture I get from my plasma. "Play money" is different for different people... and I'm not being arogant when I say that, personally there are some things I will spend money, and others I will not.. Catch me in a bar spending an arm and a leg for alcohol?? HELL NO... Catch me spending $200 for an HDMI cable, HELL YES..

I don't buy/lease models... or at least I haven't yet...

Jan 09 06 10:50 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

EMG STUDIOS wrote:

$500 is not a lot of money, I've lost that money in a day trading on NASDAQ. It's highly unlikely that satellite radio will go belly up. You'd have a good arguement if I didn't know better.

Anyone that I've ever talked to that has satellite radio has nothing but good things to say about it. I purchased my radio for "one" reason and have enjoyed it up until this day. A personal prerequisite to my purchase was the ability to stream HS and to my surprise many of the talk shows weren't streamed but HS said his would be.

I thought I would never spend $3000 on a television, $4000 later no one that visits my home has anything negative to say about the picture I get from my plasma. "Play money" is different for different people... and I'm not being arogant when I say that, personally there are some things I will spend money, and others I will not.. Catch me in a bar spending an arm and a leg for alcohol?? HELL NO... Catch me spending $200 for an HDMI cable, HELL YES..

I don't buy/lease models... or at least I haven't yet...

Must be nice to be able to be able to blow 500 bucks to listen to some radio.
smile
Maybe someday I will reach that financial point.

Jan 09 06 10:53 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
Must be nice to be able to be able to blow 500 bucks to listen to some radio.
smile
Maybe someday I will reach that financial point.

How much do you have to invest.. maybe I can help you get there...

Jan 09 06 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

EMG STUDIOS wrote:

How much do you have to invest.. maybe I can help you get there...

If I had money to invest I wouldn`t be putting it in the stock market, I would be putting it back into my business.

Jan 09 06 10:56 am Link

Photographer

Vito

Brooklyn, New York, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

$500 bucks....
Stern is contracted for 5 years, so if you drop Sirius after Stern's contract ends AND if he doesn't renew, that's $100 per year. Less than the monthly fee.

Jan 09 06 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Vito wrote:

$500 bucks....
Stern is contracted for 5 years, so if you drop Sirius after Stern's contract ends AND if he doesn't renew, that's $100 per year. Less than the monthly fee.

thats true, I just dont see howard stern, or radio, worth paying to listen to, thats all im sayin.

Jan 09 06 11:03 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
If I had money to invest I wouldn`t be putting it in the stock market, I would be putting it back into my business.

"Invest" is not a narrow word that only applies to the stock market.. but good luck... As with any investment, you only put up as much money as you're willing to lose...

Jan 09 06 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

ELANFOTOS

Miami, Florida, US

hey v...

I just heard (you might've too, if your listening to the repeat) that the subscription to SIRIUS were so overwhelming, that they were 9 hours behind on setting up some radios... maybe your part of that lag?

Jan 09 06 02:43 pm Link