Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Redundancy...

Model

Isis

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

It's annoying.  That is all.

EDIT:  So is posting in the wrong forum, which I just did, sorry- don't bludgeon me. Lol.

Jan 09 06 06:49 pm Link

Model

Isis

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Apparently I am the only one who is annoyed by it. lol.  Any other annoyances then?  It could be interesting to see what makes people tick.

Jan 09 06 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

The fact that I'm annoyed by redundancy is the primary reason that I'm not a novelist.  Writing a novel is an exercise in repeating oneself.

Jan 09 06 07:10 pm Link

Model

Isis

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

True, I have tried several times to write a novel actually, and I think you just pointed out the reason I have yet to finish one. smile

Jan 09 06 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

I've got a couple novels in mind, but there's just too much TV to watch. Either that, or I'm just too lazy. I'm going with the TV excuse; that way I don't have to take responsibility for my laziness.

That's what I hate -- people not taking responsibility for their own problems. There. I said it. Now back to the TV...

-P-

Jan 09 06 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

The real difficulty is that to make any kind of statement stick--especially a subtle statement, as should appear in a body of work (see https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=22900)--you have to repeat yourself many times.  The trick is to find a way for each repetition to be original.

Jan 09 06 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Ya know what else I hate?  Repetitiveness.

Jan 10 06 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

What annoys me is that you are in Vegas instead of , say,,,,,,Sacramento or San Francisco smile

Jan 10 06 12:48 pm Link

Model

Isis

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lol,  thanks Glamour... I too am kind of annoyed that I live in Las Vegas.  smile

Jan 12 06 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Isis wrote:
It's annoying.  That is all.

Yes. I agree. I concur. I share your sentiment. We see eye to eye. We have a shared vision. Our outlook is similar. smile

Jan 13 06 02:58 am Link

Photographer

Phil Kimpton

Taunton, Massachusetts, US

Something that annoys me is some of the inhouse tv techs at my job... 18 days left and I'm outta there... Not only do that have really bad english... they have extremely bad breath... And if you can't understand them the frist time... they get closer to try to see if you can understand them better.. yet all it's doing is starting to make me gag or just put  plastic bag over their head. And see how much green mist fills up before they expire... LOL

Jan 13 06 07:07 am Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

My pet peeve redundancy is "report back"

Jan 13 06 07:47 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

Redundancy in photo gear is annoying but necessary especially for paid gigs

Jan 13 06 08:10 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
Ya know what else I hate?  Repetitiveness.

But what about redundant repetitiveness ?

Jan 13 06 08:13 am Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Ty Simone wrote:

But what about redundant repetitiveness ?

I hate recursive redundant repetitiveness

Jan 13 06 11:43 am Link