Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Mac users, I need your help.....

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

I have a print store on my website (http://www.pencilartist.com/catalog/index.php). A customer who uses a Mac says, although registered successfully, he can't log in and he can't get the "forgot password" link to work. Would someone who uses a Mac volunteer to register and give me feedback on this, and tell me how the process went? Please post here as soon as you do, and give me your OS, tell me if you have any problems. You can communicate directly with me through my profile here.

I will gladly remove your registration afterward.

Thanks!

Apr 14 05 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin P.

Houston, Texas, US

He may be using Safari or Firefox. Tell him to try it with Internet Explorer for the Mac.

Apr 14 05 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

Good point, Kevin. I will check on that with him. Users around the osCommerce forum don't seem to be having this kind of trouble, but there are some small glitches reported with Safari.

I'll check in later. Thanks!

Apr 14 05 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

Bob

Chicago, Illinois, US

I am on a MAC G4 using OS 9.2.2. and running Netscape as my browser, so far so good

Apr 22 05 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

michaelGIORDANO

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

Safari is notorious for utilizing cache files too good thus not refreshing/updating when in fact it is updated and new or different information.  Also the autofill is a pain, in stuff like this...sometimes it capitalizes the first letter.  If the password is case senstive this is a problem.  Turn off the autofill.  Better off using Netscape or IE if it keeps doing stuff like that.

Apr 26 05 09:21 am Link

Photographer

David Scherer

Better yet, Mozilla FireFox is a great option for Mac OS X, and WamCom Mozilla (www.wamcom.org) is the most up-to-date version of Mozilla for Mac OS 8.6/9.x.x. WamCom is no longer developed but it's very useable and gives older Macs still running Mac OS a chance to use the web.

Apr 27 05 12:33 am Link