Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > I'd shoot but my teleporter needs new batteries

Model

Angela Benedict

Norwich, England, United Kingdom

This is more of a rant than anything else but regardless I KNOW I'm not the only person that's experienced this.

I'm originally from New York where I've pursued both a modeling and acting career. I've had my fair share of shoots but not nearly as much as I'd have liked. A lot of the reason had to do with the fact that the majority of photographers contacting me were either GWC's or were located 1,000's of miles away.

In late June I moved to the UK. I figured since NYC is mainly theatre and LA is chock full 'o' young hopefulls why not give London a try. Since I've been here I've gotten countless requests and "I wish you were closer because I'd love to shoot" comments and emails from photographers that were local enough for me to shoot with had I NOT relocated...Not to mention good ones!

Which brings me to the ranty bit. Where the hell were you when I was in NY?! To make matters worse I've been in the UK for close to 8 months and I've shot TWICE! Where are all those UK photographers that wanted to shoot so badly while I lived in NY? I guess the grass is always greener on the other side...of the pond.
***Stomps off***

Jan 18 06 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

Alex Mercatali

Forlì, Emilia-Romagna, Italy

not only is greener on the other side, but it's always fresh!

and it's not only you.
I'm supposed to be in London for only 3 days, guess what? I've already have 5 confirmed model to shoot...  when normally, in one week here in Rome, it's 1... and 4 of them TFCD...

Jan 18 06 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Shoulda moved to California. wink

Jan 18 06 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Angela Benedict wrote:
This is more of a rant than anything else but regardless I KNOW I'm not the only person that's experienced this.

I'm originally from New York where I've pursued both a modeling and acting career. I've had my fair share of shoots but not nearly as much as I'd have liked. A lot of the reason had to do with the fact that the majority of photographers contacting me were either GWC's or were located 1,000's of miles away.

In late June I moved to the UK. I figured since NYC is mainly theatre and LA is chock full 'o' young hopefulls why not give London a try. Since I've been here I've gotten countless requests and "I wish you were closer because I'd love to shoot" comments and emails from photographers that were local enough for me to shoot with had I NOT relocated...Not to mention good ones!

Very odd as you are beautifull.  Try some of the agencies although you are
short you have a great face and figure.  Ask them about some of the art
and fashion shooters there.  Believe me there are plenty.  There is also
a well known pub where lots of artists/photgraphers hang out at.  I will
try and get the name for you.
Which brings me to the ranty bit. Where the hell were you when I was in NY?! To make matters worse I've been in the UK for close to 8 months and I've shot TWICE! Where are all those UK photographers that wanted to shoot so badly while I lived in NY? I guess the grass is always greener on the other side...of the pond.
***Stomps off***

Jan 18 06 05:23 pm Link

Model

Angela Benedict

Mikel Featherston wrote:
Shoulda moved to California. wink

The thought had definitely crossed my mind but then I figured I'd be one of many of the young girls who moved out there with the same exact idea.

Jan 18 06 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Angela Benedict wrote:

The thought had definitely crossed my mind but then I figured I'd be one of many of the young girls who moved out there with the same exact idea.

True... but I'm here, not there. wink

Besides, it's a much shorter flight to NY from California than from Europe.

Jan 18 06 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Your very pretty, shoulda moved to cali. I think that when you figured you would be one out of thousands......was actualy a bad idea. You could easily be one of the top 5-10 with your looks, you are very pretty.
There are lots of photogs and models out there with the same idea for the same photo....but only a few will get it just right to where it gets noticed, you can be one of those who get noticed fairly easy i would think.

Jan 18 06 06:15 pm Link

Model

Angela Benedict

Peter Dattolo wrote:
Your very pretty, shoulda moved to cali. I think that when you figured you would be one out of thousands......was actualy a bad idea. You could easily be one of the top 5-10 with your looks, you are very pretty.
There are lots of photogs and models out there with the same idea for the same photo....but only a few will get it just right to where it gets noticed, you can be one of those who get noticed fairly easy i would think.

Thanks for the kind words. Lets just hope it will be the same effect + the additional bonus that here I'm foreign.

Jan 18 06 06:27 pm Link