Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > How to buff up PVC?

Model

ModiX

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

We all know how to buff up latex. No drama there and tons of liquid shine to go around.

But how do you buff up PVC safely? I've heard some latexsprays can be used both for PVC/latex without damaging the thin PVC. Is this true? What's you experience?

I may be overly cautious I guess but I don't want to ruin a part of my wardrobe I paid a minor fortune for without a damn good reason. tongue

So ladies and gents. Help me out here and share your tips n' tricks! 

Jun 08 05 04:01 am Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

that latex shine stuff in a bottle is a joke

just goto your notmal car store  and grab a bottle of new vyinle, armor all, or whatever it is you use to shine the rubber/plastic of your car

its wayyyyyyyyyyy cheaper, and comes with a lot more in it - and its the same stuff

Jun 08 05 07:47 am Link

Model

lizbetbathory

Saint Peters, Missouri, US

deviant brand shine works great on all my pvc stuff and fairly cheap...... also banana peels work..... the inside

Jun 08 05 03:13 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

hi
dont know if u can get it in Sweden but the UK stuff called "Mr Sheen" is good.
Its furniture polish!

Jun 08 05 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

well when mayan lee was at my studio..she sent my son off to buy some "armor all" for her pvc outfits..
any auto parts store...

Jun 08 05 04:45 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Armor all works. Windex works.

Beware of trying the same stuff on latex (in case anyone was daft enough to try that). Latex corrodes much more readily.

Jun 08 05 05:22 pm Link

Model

Tanya O

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Even a silicone based lube (Wet Platinum is my fave) works beautifully for latex. AND it's multi-purpose *grin*.

Armor All is good for PVC, though - PVC is pretty shiny as is, don't you think? smile

Posted by Lady Atropos: 
that latex shine stuff in a bottle is a joke

just goto your notmal car store  and grab a bottle of new vyinle, armor all, or whatever it is you use to shine the rubber/plastic of your car

its wayyyyyyyyyyy cheaper, and comes with a lot more in it - and its the same stuff

Jun 08 05 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

what has been noted is fine.

but for detailed correction actually tissues with Aloe can work wonders, 

Granted I care about detail more than most on such things but it does work to erase scratches.

Jun 08 05 08:57 pm Link