Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Ah, the joys of people who can't speak

Model

The Thorny Rose

Chicago, Illinois, US

Quotes from our very own Dubya...

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history." (hmm.. cough)

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe." (we're europe.. yay!)

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."(i'd hope so...)

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."(and what is that called, genius?)

*note: this thread is for everyone's amusement; all stone throwing and name-calling will be punished by a direct feed of Vanilla Ice into your speakers... and the stupid quotes aren't just limited to Dubya... feel free to add whatever random quotes you want, as long as they're amusing*

Jan 20 06 12:41 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Peter Marshall: According to Zsa Zsa, does black look sexy on a woman?

Redd Foxx: I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jan 20 06 12:44 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

The Thorny Rose wrote:
Quotes from our very own Dubya...

Alas, he's not the original source, if he did, in fact, say these things.

Attributed to Dan Quayle in 1999; source unknown wrote:
"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history."

Dan Quayle wrote:
"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

Attributed to Dan Quayle in 1999; source unknown wrote:
"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"

Mad Magazine, 10/1991, spoofing Dan Quayle wrote:
A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

Dan Quayle, 9/5/1990 wrote:
"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

Not Dan Quayle, but a humorist using it as something he would have said wrote:
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

Given that none of the above are actually GWB statements, here's some real ones.

GWB, 9/25/2000 wrote:
more and more of our imports come from overseas.

GWB, 8/5/2004 wrote:
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we,  They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

GWB,2/21/2001 wrote:
"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

GWB, 3/23/2002 wrote:
"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating."

GWB, 7/22/2001 wrote:
"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe — I believe what I believe is right."

GWB, 10/3/2003 wrote:
"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction."

GWB, 6/18/2003 wrote:
"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace."

GWB, 5/24/2005 wrote:
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."

GWB, 4/28/2005 wrote:
"I can only speak to myself."

GWB, 8/9/2004 wrote:
"Let me put it to you bluntly. In a changing world, we want more people to have control over your own life."

GWB, 7/25/2003 wrote:
"Security is the essential roadblock to achieving the road map to peace."

GWB, 6/4/2003 wrote:
"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things."

GWB, 9/23/2004 wrote:
"I think it's very important for the American President to mean what he says. That's why I understand that the enemy could misread what I say. That's why I try to be as clearly I can."

And an interesting prophesy:

Dwight Eisenhower, 11/8/1954 wrote:
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid."

Jan 20 06 04:51 am Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

Dubya and Yogi seem to have a lot in common :-)

Jan 20 06 07:40 am Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

What is extremely funny...I have found that the idiotic people of the world talk more than those with a little sense.

In the famed words of the cat in the hat star Mike Myers:
'He keeps talking, but is he really saying anything?...no."

Jan 20 06 11:15 am Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

Former President Dwight D. Eisenhower wrote:
"Things are more like they are now than they've ever been before."

Now THAT'S a theme for a State of the Union address!!!

Jan 20 06 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

"I know how hard it is to put food on your family."

that's always been a personal favorite.

Jan 20 06 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

GW wrote:
"This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table."

George W. Bush, Brussels, Belgium, Feb. 22, 2005

GW wrote:
"Because he's hiding."

George W. Bush, responding to a reporter who asked why Osama bin Laden had not been caught, aboard Air Force One, Jan. 14, 2005

GW wrote:
"Who could have possibly envisioned an erection ... an election in Iraq at this point in history?"

George W. Bush, at the white House, Washington, D.C., Jan. 10, 2005

Jan 20 06 12:08 pm Link