Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > So what do you have for dessert, after eating ...

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

A Lean Cuisine TV dinner?

That has always been one of the weighty questions I have had to face as a bachelor.  I have always felt that it is good to have something sweet after dinner, but alas, what to eat without feeling guilty?

I have been moving towards low calorie puddings and Jello, but ... it just doesn't seem satisfying.

So my question is whether it would be way over the top to have New York cheesecake just once a week with a low cal, TV dinner?

Just curious.  I want to live my life properly.

Jan 20 06 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

That has always been one of the weighty questions I have had to face as a bachelor.  I have always felt that it is good to have something sweet after dinner, but alas, what to eat without feeling guilty?

I have been moving towards low calorie puddings and Jello, but ... it just doesn't seem satisfying.

So my question is whether it would be way over the top to have New York cheesecake just once a week with a low cal, TV dinner?

Fruit.

Jan 20 06 08:47 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

Fruit and more fruit! smile
♀

Jan 20 06 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

elisaveta ♀ wrote:
Fruit and more fruit! smile
♀

Are the two of you trying to make a point?  What should I eat?

So which is better, Kiwi, Apples or Cantelope?

Jan 20 06 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

"So what do you have for dessert, after eating ..."
model Strawberry ,, that is

Jan 20 06 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

Metaxa!

Jan 20 06 09:11 pm Link

Model

Inferi

Eagan, Minnesota, US

As long as it is only once a week, eat what you want!  Don't gorge, but it is still important to live.  Just try and keep the portion small, and if you are still worried about it, eat some lower calorie foods earlier in the day and/or throw in some exercise.

Jan 20 06 09:23 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

Long Beach, California, US

Go with an apple or some berries smile

Jan 20 06 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Inferi wrote:
As long as it is only once a week, eat what you want!  Don't gorge, but it is still important to live.  Just try and keep the portion small, and if you are still worried about it, eat some lower calorie foods earlier in the day and/or throw in some exercise.

I didn't know there was such a thing as a "Small" portion of cheesecake.  Don't you eat it by the pound?

Good advice!

Jan 20 06 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

Farrah Originals

Mesa, Arizona, US

Go with the Kiwi - loads of vitamin C and the second highest concentration of antioxidants in the natural world

Jan 20 06 09:28 pm Link

Model

Inferi

Eagan, Minnesota, US

I didn't know there was such a thing as a "Small" portion of cheesecake.  Don't you eat it by the pound?

Good advice!

Yes, well, lets not think about that right now. wink  Just compensate in other ways for taking in the extra calories (per norm, my mind has shot into the sewage and now I have to try and resurface. . .)

Jan 20 06 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Port.  10-year Tawny.

Jan 20 06 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Lately, I've been making my own macaroons.  Ingredients are sweetened coconut, sugar (I use Splenda), egg white, and maybe a little chocolate for garnish (I use sugar free semisweet -- expensive but makes a difference).  If I could, I'd use unsweetened coconut & more Splenda.  Results -- sweet, chewy, low fat (no fat in egg whites, a bit in the coconut), fiber, and satisfying & filling.  Want the recipe?

If I'm lazy, I eat a handful of almonds (bought raw, roasted at 350 degrees for ~15 minutes or until they start to be fragrant, then allowed to cool.

Jan 20 06 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
Lately, I've been making my own macaroons.  Ingredients are sweetened coconut, sugar (I use Splenda), egg white, and maybe a little chocolate for garnish (I use sugar free semisweet -- expensive but makes a difference).  If I could, I'd use unsweetened coconut & more Splenda.  Results -- sweet, chewy, low fat (no fat in egg whites, a bit in the coconut), fiber, and satisfying & filling.  Want the recipe?

If I'm lazy, I eat a handful of almonds (bought raw, roasted at 350 degrees for ~15 minutes or until they start to be fragrant, then allowed to cool.

Oh my gosh, the things we are learning about you.

Jan 20 06 10:40 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

almonds are good to help fill you up. They are better for you, too. Try drizzling them with honey before roasting them if you want something sweet.

I like strawberries with a little Cool Whip Lite.

Or, you could have some angel food cake and a little fruit.

Just don't try my rum cake or banana split cake if you are trying to watch your weight. My husband feels deprived, because since I've been trying to lose more weight, I haven't made him his favorite desserts in a while. I may have to make some for him, and just have him hide it so I don't get tempted!

If all else fails, eat a banana...my kids seem to go through a bunch each week!

Jan 20 06 11:23 pm Link

Model

Barbray

Atlanta, Georgia, US

The yummiest after dinner sweet for me is putting raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples, & pears with a scoop of plain yogurt, & an ounce of milk in a blender...turn them into smoothie consistency, then freeze it for an hour before dinner...

After dinner, scoop out enough to fill a small bowl, and grab a spoon and indulge.
It is sooooooo good for you and sooooo healthy and soooooooo yummy!

Jan 20 06 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

mollie_lane wrote:

The yummiest after dinner sweet for me is putting raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples, & pears with a scoop of plain yogurt, & an ounce of milk in a blender...turn them into smoothie consistency, then freeze it for an hour before dinner...

After dinner, scoop out enough to fill a small bowl, and grab a spoon and indulge.

I was going to say to something well jack like but I just love this comment.

Jan 20 06 11:56 pm Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

As far as I'm concerned, anytime is a good time for Cheesecake! To hell with rules! 

How about some of those yellow sponge cake dessert cups, filled with strawberries and some whipped cream?

If all else fails, a big fat piece of Pumpkin Pie always satisfies.

Jan 20 06 11:57 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

That reminds me -- I also bake apples, or more precisely, make Apple Brown Betty -- it's pretty simple to make.  Of course, I ruin it with a big dollop of vanilla ice cream.

Jan 21 06 10:55 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

mollie_lane wrote:

Now that sounds good.  I am a bachelor living on a boat.  I guess that means I have to buy a blender.

Jan 21 06 11:05 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

ART OF ARIANE wrote:
If all else fails, a big fat piece of Pumpkin Pie always satisfies.

Oh my gosh, please don't mention pumpkin pie.  Do you want me to double in size just from dreaming about it.  I love pumpkin pie.

I suggested cheesecake because I have at least some willpower.

Jan 21 06 11:07 am Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

Good advice!

No silly thats pound cake smile

Jan 21 06 11:47 am Link

Photographer

Elite Imaging

Oak Ridge, Florida, US

"From the Nipple thread"

Sometimes I wonder if MM is about modeling, photography and making comments or something else?  What does this thread have to do with the industry?

Hummm, Hypocrite Soup always goes good with crow

Maybe five Snickers bars and chase it with a Diet Pepsi,,,thats what the industry would suggest!  Lol

Jan 21 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Elite Imaging wrote:
"From the Nipple thread"

Hummm, Hypocrite Soup always goes good with crow

Maybe five Snickers bars and chase it with a Diet Pepsi,,,thats what the industry would suggest!  Lol

Ahh yes, but this thread was started in the off-topic discussion, that thread was not.  Maybe you didn't notice, the other got moved to "Off Topic" and I have since had no further comment.

Jan 21 06 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

i usually follow a good healthy dinner off with blackforest cake, hey you only live once, then i use the line ,""mistakes were made"", if anyone catches me.

Jan 21 06 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

Elite Imaging

Oak Ridge, Florida, US

Ahh yes, but this thread was started in the off-topic discussion, that thread was not.  Maybe you didn't notice, the other got moved to "Off Topic" and I have since had no further comment.

I'm just pullin yer chain anyway!
Cheese cake three times a week never hurt anybody,
But the farts are deadly!

Jan 21 06 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Elite Imaging wrote:
I'm just pullin yer chain anyway!
Cheese cake three times a week never hurt anybody,
But the farts are deadly!

Perhaps we should have a thread on the professional consequences of farting.

Jan 21 06 02:09 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

Any fruit is good, as long as it's eaten at least two hours after the meal! Eat melons alone!
http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/nutrition/digestion01.htm  (scroll down to Rules)

also,

http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxificat … bining.htm 

These are helpful!

Jan 21 06 02:15 pm Link

Model

Aleta Pardalis

Oceanside, New York, US

double fudge brownie ice cream big_smile once a week having something yummy won't kill you. I've found that if you cut anything out of your diet that you really love you won't be able to stick with the diet. better to limit the portion size & frequency of things like dessert.

Jan 21 06 02:42 pm Link

Model

Barbray

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Now that sounds good.  I am a bachelor living on a boat.  I guess that means I have to buy a blender.

You can use a hand mixer too...but a blender is quicker and better!
If I am rushed in the mornings, I put all the above (and a banana) in a blender
and then add my protein and my vitamins and blend them all up.

Voila...instant breakfast shake...

Jan 21 06 05:00 pm Link

Model

gsvb

New York, New York, US

Oh please.....who cares....just eat what you want and be yourself and enjoy yourself..

Jan 21 06 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

mollie_lane wrote:

You can use a hand mixer too...but a blender is quicker and better!
If I am rushed in the mornings, I put all the above (and a banana) in a blender
and then add my protein and my vitamins and blend them all up.

Voila...instant breakfast shake...

I'll go for the blender.  I would have to buy a hand mixer anyways and then I would have to crank!

It does sound good though.

Jan 21 06 05:29 pm Link

Model

Lillith Leda

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Sometimes it's not what you eat but how much (or little) of it. Everything in moderation.

You can even gain weight eating fruit, if in excess. For proper digestion try not to eat fruit after a meal, unless you want your tummy confused! tongue

There are all sorts of "naughty substitutes". Like soy ice cream, or carob (chocolate substitute).

Jan 21 06 05:38 pm Link