Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > I need Honest Feedback.

Model

Miriam

Chicago, Illinois, US

I am not a model, but I have been told I could be one many times.I'm still not sure of it though because those compliments came from friends. I just wanted some honest feedback from strangers telling me wether I could be or not. So, from my amateur photos I have on here. Do you think I have what it takes?

I took the photo's myself (all but one)so they aren't the best. ha

Jun 09 05 02:05 am Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

Certainly have the potential, it also depends on what kind of work you want to do. Dont do anything you dont want to, dont do something just because you simply think it'll get you ahead in the model business.

Best advice, find photographers around your area willing to do TFP/TFCD for ya, help build up your portfolio, help get a little experience and learn what to expect, and dont be afraid to ask questions. I'd certainly would do a TFCD/TFP with you, if it wasnt for the possibly 3 hour drive distance from Grand Rapids, hehe. The self portraits probally dont do you any justice, so probally why its best to see if you can find a photographer to shoot you.

Jun 09 05 02:20 am Link

Model

Miriam

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thankyou. I'll look into that.

Jun 09 05 02:26 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

You will never know unless you try... (and genuinely try)

Jun 09 05 10:13 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

As the man used to say, "Let's look at the record."

1) You're 5'7". That's seriously borderline for fashion. For commerical/print it's okay and for glamour/art it's mostly irrelevant.

2) You don't give your measurements, so I can't comment on that. In one of your pics it looks like you may still have some "baby fat," but you don't look overly heavy.

3) I *think* you have a pretty face, but your pictures aren't of sufficient quality for me to say that definitely. Come on over here and I'll take some good ones. smile

4) You live in Chicago, which is a pretty good market unless you want fashion, in which case it's a distant third in the US.

5) You're 17, which is getting along for a fashion model to be "discovered," is too young for glamour work, and is MURDEROUSLY competitive for print/commercial stuff.

On balance, the answer to your question is, "There is insufficent data for a meaningful answer." What sort of modeling do you want to do? Do you want to make a living at it? Are you still in school? How much effort are you willing to put into your career? How much money do you have to invest in it? Modeling's hard work and very competitive, not cheap, either. Give us more details and you'll get more answers.

M

Jun 09 05 11:06 am Link

Model

Zoe

Palm Beach, Florida, US

to expand on the last commentor's post, if you are interested in fashion, a few clean, sharp images of your face and body (with minimal makeup) would be all you need to take to an open call.

however, for commercial, there are few open calls (at least here in Atlanta), and submittal is by mail primarily---send in some images, we *might* respond, *if* we are interested in seeing more...  they want you have a comp card and pretty strong book already, showing that you have some experience behind the camera, and a few webcam shots won't help your case any.

i would recommend you do some research, find a good shooter and makeup artist, and get some film.....but AFTER you think more about what you want from this experience.

best wishes! at worst, have some fun, maybe you can practice with some area photography students just to gain confidence in front of the camera?

Z

Jun 09 05 11:23 am Link

Model

veester

Portland, Oregon, US

I think you have a good look, your next step is to get in touch with some photographers and MU artists to "bring you out". Good luck, chica!!

Jun 09 05 12:02 pm Link