Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Advice on hair

Filmmaker

Brandon Cordon

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

I have curly spiral type hair that I get tons of compliments on, but whne the wind blows or i take a shirt off it gets huge and frizzy. What can I put in it to make it look good and have more eight or look better or what ever!?!

Also what other styles might look good on me?

Jan 28 06 08:12 am Link

Makeup Artist

Glamourpuss Make-UpHair

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I would use a product like Aveda's Anti-Humectant Pomade.  It will keep your hair tame without making it look wet.  There are some other companies that have "matte pomades" that do the same thing. 

You know your haircut is all the rage right now.  I don't think I'd change it.  You'd have to go pretty short to try to keep those curls at bay!

Jan 28 06 08:42 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Miss Anthropy

Portland, Oregon, US

If you did cut it you'd look pretty good. Have to have really good bones to pull off the short hair thing.

Jan 28 06 08:44 am Link

Filmmaker

Brandon Cordon

Will this make my hair stiff or stickey?

Jan 28 06 09:28 am Link

Filmmaker

Brandon Cordon

Miss Anthropy wrote:
If you did cut it you'd look pretty good. Have to have really good bones to pull off the short hair thing.

so do you think I should keep it as well. most pashion police here have told me to keep it. It just looks so bad when the wind blows. Plus its two inches longer now then in my pictures and still curls and spirals.

i didnt know I had hair like this till about 4 years ago.

Jan 28 06 09:30 am Link

Filmmaker

Brandon Cordon

here is a really bad photo of me. The photogrpaher sent his regards to me. haha anyhow see my hair its so much longer. one of my agents wants me to keep it, but the wind destroys it.

Jan 28 06 09:49 am Link

Makeup Artist

Glamourpuss Make-UpHair

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

The pomade shouldn't make your hair sticky...but just use a little if you get the Aveda...can get oily if you use too much.

Jan 28 06 09:57 am Link

Hair Stylist

Olivier

As far as the style, it really depends on the kind of work you are looking at and look they are want for it. You can go with a short cut easily and that would take care of your frizz problem, or keep this style and like said before use pommade and also anti frizz product ( i would recommend "no frizz gel by Barex" . With curly hair it is all about product to tame and control it . apply it wet and then do not touch your hair and let it hair dry.

Jan 28 06 02:43 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Miss Anthropy

Portland, Oregon, US

Keep it the length you have it in the pictures. Longer hair is going to blow around in the wind. If you want it to sit absolutely still you are either going to have to shellac it or cut it very short. Curly hair is prone to dryness. Use a small amount of pomade, anything. Even some babylotion while your hair is wet and let it air dry.

As for the length it is now, if you like it keep it but you aren't going to be able keep it imobile. If the wind kills it wear a hat, for shooting in the wind you may have to put a heavier layer of product than you might otherwise.

Jan 29 06 02:55 am Link

Filmmaker

Brandon Cordon

awesome, ill try some things out. what i do anyhow is let it air dry. So all these suggestions are what I was looking for thanks.

Feb 02 06 01:15 pm Link