Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > how do you put lashes on??

Model

AmieS

Dallas, Texas, US

Just looking for some advice from you experts..how do you properly put on lashes..I have some i got at walmart and the adheisive as well..but i always mess up..anyone have good tips for a beginer?

Jan 28 06 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

Landra Lee Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm not a stylist but I am a girl and I have worn them many many times as well as applied them to someone else.

1. cut the lash to the right size for your eye

2. line the lash with the glue

3. let the glue dry a little and get tacky before you apply them

3. apply from the inner to outer edge (sometime you can find the starter kits that have a little pink platic applicator... that helps me sometimes, personally)

But thats just me, the stylists can tell you best I am sure.  smile

Jan 28 06 10:43 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Janet Harris

Allen, Texas, US

Thats exactly how I would have described the application !!

Jan 29 06 08:50 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

One at a time.  Beyond that, refer to the prior suggestion.

Jan 29 06 09:17 am Link

Makeup Artist

Andrea L. Dow

Costa Mesa, California, US

To put false lashs on yourself the above suggestions are helpful.  Beyond that sit at a desk or table.  Place a mirror flat on the table beneath you.  Keep your chin up but look down with just your eyes into the mirror.  This will put your lid in a good position to apply the lash while still being able to see what you are doing.  Much easier than trying to keep one eye closed while you apply it looking straight in the mirror.  It also helps keep your lid smooth so you dont get those wrinkles from having your eye squeezed shut.  Great way to apply liquid liner to yourself as well.

Well, I hope you understood that, let me know if you didn't and I will try to do a better job explaining...As you can imagine its easier to show someone that try to tell them, especially online.

Good luck!

Jan 29 06 11:31 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

Thanks for the question!
Painting people is what I live for and offer, NOT classic MUA skills. But, I'm working on them...
My problem with applying eyelashes is usally on the OUTSIDE most edge - it often wants to droop down. Guess it's a practice thing...

Jan 30 06 12:15 am Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

One leg at a time.

Jan 30 06 12:35 am Link

Makeup Artist

Picture Perfect Makeup

Hesperia, California, US

A drooping down on the outer edge may be because the lash is too long thus measuring it first then trimming before applying. Also, once the eyelash is put as close as possible to the lash line and the glue has a little time to hold, take the handle of a narrow makeup brush and press it against the top of the lashes, take mascara and comb upward on the underside while holding it in place. That helps to blend the fake and real lashes together. Also pushing up on the outer corners before the glue is totally dry helps to bring them up.

I paint a line of eyeliner (wet or crayon) before applying the lashes so if there is a gap between the natural lash line and the eyelashes it won't show.

Tweezers can help to apply the lashes. I prefer using my fingers, placing the center of the eyelash onto the lashline, then take the back of the eyeliner brush to pat the lashes against the inner and outer corners until they stick.

Jan 30 06 12:45 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

Thanks!!!

Jan 30 06 12:50 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

ohh i have a super trick but i cant just give it away so you have to e-mail me and ask nicely smile hehehe ahh tricks of the trade you just cant give them away for nothing smile well i will but you need to e-mail me and i will tell you trust me its worth a couple of words typed into a e-mail. smile

Jan 30 06 01:35 am Link