Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Please, I need advice!

Makeup Artist

Nadine Make-up Artist

Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Hey everyone!
I really need advice and help right now. I've been a Makeup Artist for about 5 years now, have a lot of experiences, and love this job. I'm originally from Germany and in the States on a student visa. My sponsors and I agreed to not continue our relationship after this semester and I would love to stay in the US and move to CA, to be closer to my friends. In order to apply for a work visa and then a green card I would have to find a full-time job where the employer would be willing to sponsor me or find someone who would sponsor me and I could help him out. Can anyone give me some advice or help? I'm def. hard working and up to commit to a job or someone.
I would really appreciate anything!!

Thx

Jan 30 06 10:15 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

ohh that sucks hun  its going to be an uphill battle, i have a really great friend from Germany and she has an awsome job here in Canada but her working Visa is just about up and her employer wont responcer her and she has been here for 2 years , hes a gerk .but any way she is either going to have to get married or leave and i will miss her so much. I am not sure how it work in the usa but i am sure its not going to be an easy thing to accomplish. but good luck to u..

Jan 30 06 02:11 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Nadine Make-up Artist

yeah I'm really down right now. I've been here for 2 1/2 years and try everything to find a job.

Jan 30 06 02:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ray Filipowicz

Los Angeles, California, US

you may need an immigration attorney

ray

Jan 30 06 03:28 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Nadine Make-up Artist

I have one but she can't help until I found a job or a sponsor! but thx

Jan 30 06 03:29 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Olivier

Not sure a full time job would help you much because to get a greencard you need to prove that you are not taking away jobs from american citizens , and as a stylist it might be a tought one . Plus while you papers process you might have to be out of the country till you are approved.  Talk to different attorneys because some can do more for you than others.
Good luck with everything!

Jan 30 06 04:08 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

another idea, just fly into tijuana 
and walk across the border like everyone else.

It's sad that people like you can't stay and yet our Southern Ca schools and hospitals are filled with illigal immigrants that suck up our resources and send tax free money back home.

Jan 30 06 06:15 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ROSHAR

Los Angeles, California, US

Mary has a point..

When I lived in Singapore I wasnt on a Visa.
So I would leave the country once a month. Depending on the country on the tourist visa you can do this every 3 months. US may be different.

You just need to be across the border for more than 24hr. And then get your passport restamped. SoCAl is very close to Mexico so you can take a train.

However US is more strict so I think you can only do this like 3 times before they catch on. Just a temporary solution.   
However after that 3 month period, you need a backup plan if things dont work out. Like enough money for a ticket home.

Good luck though...

Jan 30 06 06:44 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Nadine Make-up Artist

The thing that really sucks is, that I have a visa that would allow me to stay here for at least 4 more years, if I keep going to college or any other kind of school, but I won't have a sponsor anymore after this semester.

and thanks to everyone for relpying!!

Jan 30 06 10:01 pm Link