Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > MUA's/ Stylists inspired by Photographers?

Makeup Artist

ROSHAR

Los Angeles, California, US

I was wondering if you get inspired by other photographers. Especially since some photographers work with a look.
If so , who?

For me it would be Helmut Newton especially his work from the 70s and 80s. Also David LaChapelle.

Jan 30 06 07:55 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

T.Alexander

Norcross, Georgia, US

David LaChapelle inspires my more creative style. His use of colors gives a sense of energy, and I love concepts that have a sense of emotion behind them.

Though this is a little off subject, I am also inspired by art. I love Klimt's "The Kiss". Anything with rich in color and/or feminine and masculine undertones sparks my imagination.

Jan 30 06 08:25 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Liz Dungate

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I love Paolo Roversi for his romantic rich colour and Gray Scott for his manipulated sets and editing, so sterile and weird.

Jan 31 06 03:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ROSHAR

Los Angeles, California, US

Yes- they have great work!
I would also have to say that there are a couple on MM that really kick my butt when I see their images.
Adam Rowell, Sean Armenta, and Photorat

Jan 31 06 03:55 pm Link

Makeup Artist

K E O

Houston, Texas, US

T.Alexander wrote:
David LaChapelle inspires my more creative style. His use of colors gives a sense of energy, and I love concepts that have a sense of emotion behind them.

Though this is a little off subject, I am also inspired by art. I love Klimt's "The Kiss". Anything with rich in color and/or feminine and masculine undertones sparks my imagination.

I second that....David LaChapelle is a constant inspiration, as well as Helmut Newton, what could be more amazing??

Jan 31 06 07:51 pm Link