Forums > Model Colloquy > Full-time models...come on in

Model

Nika Rose

Washington, Arkansas, US

For those of you pursuing modeling full-time, how do you do it?

Do you have a part-time job, if so what is it?

How do you fund your travels? Pay your bills? get health insurance etc.?

I know that it can be difficult as an aspiring model, but for those of you who were courageous enough to pursue your passion full-time I'd like to hear your stories/tips/advice/inspirtions.

Full-time photographers/makeup artists/designers/stylists are welcomed to comment.

TIA

Apr 02 08 10:49 pm Link

Model

TxCiara

Austin, Texas, US

Nika Rose wrote:

I know that it can be difficult as an aspiring model, but for those of you who were courageous enough to pursue your passion full-time I'd like to hear your stories/tips/advice/inspirtions.

Full-time photographers/makeup artists/designers/stylists are welcomed to comment.

TIA

I mostly do modeling full time. I also do promotions as well. 
The best way to pay for travel is to either save up for them, go places where you know you will have more than enough work to cover the expenses.
Or sometimes photographers will offer to pay your expenses as a trade for a shoot.

I'm married so I'm on my husbands insurance.

Apr 02 08 11:29 pm Link

Model

Jess Hunter

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Nika Rose wrote:

TIA

we dont pay squwat ahaha jump from one country to another and your agency looks after your expenses. downside, your never home and can get abit homesick. im not full time at the moment, had a year off but back to it in 09

Apr 03 08 01:21 am Link