Model

CANEI

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hey guys, is there any GOOD products for facial blemishes? And cleansers? **Let me know pleeeeaaassseee***

Jan 31 06 07:25 pm Link

Model

Angela Benedict

Norwich, England, United Kingdom

CANEI wrote:
Hey guys, is there any GOOD products for facial blemishes? And cleansers? **Let me know pleeeeaaassseee***

Exfoliation gloves are great. Not just for the face but for the whole body as well.

As far as product lines I'd have to say C.O Bigelow.

Jan 31 06 07:33 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Meredith VanSickle

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'm a Murad skin care line girl.
If you need a cheap quick fix, exfoliate with St. Ives apricot scrub, once a week use Queen helen's Mint Julep *it really shrinks pores and gets rid of blemishes, but don't do it all the time, it iwll dry out your skin* and then any light oil free moisturizer...

Thats what I personally use anyway.

Jan 31 06 07:45 pm Link

Model

CANEI

Chicago, Illinois, US

Great great.. I am going to go to the store and get those... Thanks sooo much..

Jan 31 06 07:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

ok heres a crazy but it really works Zit trick. put a dab of honey onto your zit and cover with a little bandaid and in the morning it should be much better or almost gone,Honey is a natural "healer" trust me on this one it really works well. smile just remeber to wash your face the next morning.
And drink lots and lots of water this not only helps your body but helps your skin be "clean " from the inside out. and it helps when applying make-up if the model isnt dehydrated

Jan 31 06 10:00 pm Link

Model

The Thorny Rose

Chicago, Illinois, US

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:
ok heres a crazy but it really works Zit trick. put a dab of honey onto your zit and cover with a little bandaid and in the morning it should be much better or almost gone,Honey is a natural "healer" trust me on this one it really works well. smile just remeber to wash your face the next morning.
And drink lots and lots of water this not only helps your body but helps your skin be "clean " from the inside out. and it helps when applying make-up if the model isnt dehydrated

Sugah... do do do do do do... oh, honey honey...

sorry about the musical interlude... i had to... (cold meds are makin me wacky but at least its amusing...)

Jan 31 06 10:17 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Janet Harris

Allen, Texas, US

For facial cleansing try purity by Philosophy..its a cleanser,toner and eye makeup
remover..water activated...feels fresh and clean.
For blemishes try On a clear day,also Philosophy..it helps to heal and dry it up !!

Jan 31 06 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

creagency

Englewood, New Jersey, US

honey is excellent for the skin!  we use it in many products and I use it straight  on my face as a healing/moisturizing mask often - mixed with pomegranate extract and aloe powder (200x).  This will soon be one of our new products (noveya.com).

if you use honey, best to use unheated, unfiltered - aka "raw" honey or a very dark honey.  Others are fine, but the more natural, the more inherent good-for-you ingredients that are otherwise destroyed by the heating and processing. 

simply a great treatment for the face in general (and everything else).  Band-aid will simply lock it in.  Not a  bad idea either.

one of our best products, a healing balm - Noveya Aid, has a lot of raw honey, propolis, echinacea, etc. and is amazing for blemishes.  I say this because the honey is really one of the key ingredients.  We also use it in our soaps because again, it is so good for the skin. 

this meant to support the honey concept and only a tiny plug for Noveya

Feb 13 06 11:41 am Link

Makeup Artist

Crystal_p

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I find tea tree oil to be great for acne.  Very healing but only use a dab as a spot treatment it's very potent.

Feb 25 06 09:59 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Kuree

Los Angeles, California, US

I like Tea Tree oil too for blemishes. If I catch one as a small spot before they rise... I can get rid of it in half a day with tea tree oil. The ones that form "overnight," probably would take about a day of applying and re-applying the oil all day till it's gone.

Always good to look at your skin real good in the morning and just before you go to bed. If one sees any signs of a blemish about to appear, start treating it.

Feb 25 06 10:15 pm Link