Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Need a stylist's advice (Hair)

Model

Isis

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Hi...  I was wondering if I could get some advice as to what hair color/cut would best suit my bone structure, complexion, etc.  I plan to grow my hair out, but would like a stylized look until then.  My target market is commercial print and fashion.  Thanks!

Feb 03 06 07:05 pm Link

Model

Isis

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

No suggestions sad lol...

Feb 03 06 08:22 pm Link

Model

MarleneM aka Mimi

Jamaica, New York, US

If you're target is commercial, I would suggest:
- coloring no lighter than a chestnut brown, hi-lites ok
- no darker than darkest brown, no black
- no wild coloring
- blunt or straight-edge cut, no jagged edges

Basically, a classic look-- nothing too trendy. I do love your current look--pics are awesome.

-m&m

Feb 03 06 08:31 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Makeup FX by Vanessa

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Beautiful pics!  I like your hair it suits you, but if you really want to make any changes I would say just put in some caramel highlights and some chocolate- cherry lowlights.  I believe this will give your hair lots of demention, character and life.  I also like the feathered edges they're soft, you have them in one pic, I think it was second row from the bottom on the far right. Chin length is lovely on you, your thin and I feel long hair will just hide you,  I suggest try extentions or a wig and see if you like longer hair before you start growing it and go through that awkward stage.  Adding hair is easy if you want it for some pics to show your different styles, personality and looks.  Good luck hope I helped.

Feb 04 06 07:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

BeautyByIsis

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Thanks everyone for the advice! I think I am going to do the whole color correction thing, and bring it back to my natural tone.  As far as the style of my hair, I am still not really sure what to do with it.  I want an edgy cut, with a LOT of texture... any ideas? 

-Oops- I am on my MUA account, lol.

-Isis-

Feb 18 06 07:14 pm Link

Model

Isis

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

bump smile

Feb 19 06 02:28 pm Link

Hair Stylist

ARIES

Los Angeles, California, US

I was thinking.. no lighter than a level 5 or 6 haircolor... maybe chestnut brown.
a straight cut length to your shoulders... if they need it longer, they extend it... If they need it shorter, they trim it... Flat is good. No curl. They determine that.. if any, teny tiny highlights to a caramel... no lighter. Trim the ends every 2 months.
Get high gloss Celophanes and conditioning treatments... Keep it simple.

Feb 19 06 09:49 pm Link