Forums > General Industry > Nude auditions...

Model

naim

New York, New York, US

Oriental Silk wrote:
I am a regular life and figure model for drawing classes at the London College of Fashion and other colleges and private drawing classes in London. In some cases, this has been 09:00 to 16:00 on the same day for a few months at a time. In other cases, it is a one-off assignment.

Many tutors like the model to hold particular poses, consulting fine art texts as they describe what they want, others are happy for the model to come up with a series of short poses (5 - 10 minutes) followed by a longer pose (40 minutes +). For some classes, I have held the same pose, with breaks in between over a number of lessons.

Life modeling, like many other things that seem simple, can actually be a skilled activity. The Register of Artists' Models always auditions before admitting models and works to keep high professional standards and improve working conditions.

I really enjoy life modeling for artists and for classes. I find that it is good to alternate this kind of modeling experience with photographic modeling.

Excellent perspective!

May 20 08 12:32 am Link

Photographer

-Freckles-

Columbus, Ohio, US

Kristen Jeanne wrote:
I have talked to a couple of art schools around here about posing and they didn't even care to see a picture of mine, nor did they care about measurements or anything. They were just happy to get someone in there to pose, lol. Maybe it's different out in your area? Or maybe I just talked to some schools that aren't the norm...

I do pose for the local art school here and I never had to audition, but perhaps you're right and it's different where the OP is...

It's a rush. I love it smile

May 20 08 12:40 am Link

Photographer

Lucian Schmit

Vancouver, Washington, US

Love your sharing the excitement and positive attitude. I hope you consider finding a good photographer and have some excellent work done. The tones in the work in your profile are pretty "muddy". Look for someone with rich tones. It would be great to see one excellent photo in your profile.

Male nudes sell for more than female nudes (I'm talling about black and white fine art prints done of fiber media) - But they have to be good. Look at work by Sylvie Blum and Stephan May - Those are the kinds of tones I am talking about. Look in your area for someone with a good vision like these.

May 20 08 01:06 am Link

Model

naim

New York, New York, US

Lucian Schmit wrote:
Love your sharing the excitement and positive attitude. I hope you consider finding a good photographer and have some excellent work done. The tones in the work in your profile are pretty "muddy". Look for someone with rich tones. It would be great to see one excellent photo in your profile.

Male nudes sell for more than female nudes (I'm talling about black and white fine art prints done of fiber media) - But they have to be good. Look at work by Sylvie Blum and Stephan May - Those are the kinds of tones I am talking about. Look in your area for someone with a good vision like these.

I need one...

It's a long story!

I've been thru a terrible illness and just within the past year made a full recovery...

I have dreds now and need new photos...

I'll soon be putting out a casting call to update book...

Thanx!

May 20 08 01:19 am Link