Model

Heather Amos

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

I am preparing for my first official stylist/MUA gig. I think I know of what I need to do, bring, etc, and I have a basic idea of what the photographer wants, but is there any last minute advice anyone can give me? I am sure I will be a tad nervous and will end up forgetting something. So I would appreciate any helpful hints from favorite products, to top ten must haves, etc. 
Thanks Alot
Heather

Feb 16 06 04:25 am Link

Photographer

George ephrem

Jacksonville, Florida, US

get a good nite of rest, don't go out drinking, and then show up drunk or half drunk(yes it happened to me, the model was drunk not me).
be there when you're suppose to be there or at the very least call if your going to be late.

this sounds all so basic huh, well the stories(excuses) we photogs could tell you.

oh yea, don't decide to go to the beach with a girl friend instead of showing for the shoot!!!!! that happened too.
(yea, still kinda cold up there where you are, i know)

just use common sense, which seems to be in very short supply anymore, and i'm sure all will go great for you.
And hey, try a prayer too before you go, God will hear it.

take care and have a good time....george

Feb 16 06 06:58 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

Heather Amos wrote:
I am preparing for my first official stylist/MUA gig. I think I know of what I need to do, bring, etc, and I have a basic idea of what the photographer wants, but is there any last minute advice anyone can give me? I am sure I will be a tad nervous and will end up forgetting something. So I would appreciate any helpful hints from favorite products, to top ten must haves, etc. 
Thanks Alot
Heather

its ok to be nervous, we were all nervous on our first gig. just be efficient and quick and try not to look too green.

make sure that you have sanitizer, alcohol, tissues and brushes.

good luck.

Feb 16 06 12:30 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Janet Harris

Allen, Texas, US

I'm sure you'll do fine, just take a deep breath and begin !!
Make sure you're on time..thats a big one,and check your kit to make sure
you have the basics.Here's some of the items I carry !!

Foundation,powder,concealer,eyeliner,shadows,blush,bronzer,lipliner,lipstick,gloss
,brow pencil,eyelash curler,tweezers,false eyelashes and glue,blotting papers(for oily skin),mascara,disposable wands,sponges,pencil sharpener,Q-tips,alcohol,
brush cleaner and hand sanatizer.

Don't forget your brushes and mints or gum...you never know who needs it !!

HAVE FUN and good luck !!

Feb 17 06 08:08 pm Link