Makeup Artist

BeautifulBrush

I'm a make-up artist and I've been in Orlando, FL for 2 years.  I'm really having a hard time finding professionals that are in the know.  I'm really trying to get my work into some editorial material.  Does anyone have any advice or connects?

Feb 17 06 02:26 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

well honestly this industry is an up hill battle, you cant just expect a free ride. you need to net work, get your name out there. Do free stuff if you have too. Be patient and well you must have confidence too.
there are no free rides and everyone feels the way you are feeling in the begining unless they have luck.

Feb 22 06 01:29 am Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

I hear sexual favors are the way to go these days....

Seriously, though, its like Mandy said. Work hard and eventually, it will pay off...maybe.

xo

Feb 22 06 01:59 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Face Art wrote:
I'm a make-up artist and I've been in Orlando, FL for 2 years.  I'm really having a hard time finding professionals that are in the know.  I'm really trying to get my work into some editorial material.  Does anyone have any advice or connects?

I'd like to make a suggestion that you contact XtremeArtists for some pointers. As far as I can tell (on and off this site), he's been on the level with me about many things. He could provide some good pointers and, or leads. There's at least a few more photographers in FL whose work is outstanding and represents a range of knowledge, but their name escapes me at the moment.

Feb 22 06 02:06 am Link

Makeup Artist

BeautifulBrush

Thanks

Feb 23 06 12:21 am Link