Forums > General Industry > cartier-bresson in amsterdam

Model

kumi

San Francisco, California, US

ok. not him for real, but his show "In Retrospect"
it's gonna be done in a month.
i saw it in Berlin and i think it's worth seeing again.
hell, i'm going tomorrow (sunday the 19th)
if you don't know who he is, you should definitely learn!

"Henri Cartier-Bresson - A Retrospective
23 December 2005 - 2 April 2006

Many consider Cartier Bresson to be the most important photographer of the twentieth century. He began taking photos in 1931, while still a painter. In 1935 he started using his soon-to-become inseparable Leica, a 35-mm camera with which he was able to take fast and unobtrusive photos, then considered highly innovative. Before the war he worked in Mexico and Eastern Europe, as well as making photo reports of the Spanish Civil War. In 1944 he photographed the liberation of Paris. After the war, Cartier-Bresson spent many years in India, Burma, China, Indonesia and Tibet.

In 1947 Henri Cartier-Bresson, together with Robert Capa, George Rodger and David "Chim" Seymour, set up a photographic agency, called Magnum Photos. Then in 1954 he was the first Western photographer to gain permission to visit the Soviet Union. Cartier-Bresson was known as the photographer of the ‘decisive moment’. This exhibition provides a retrospective of his work and his life as a photographer, as well as examining what was in his mind at the ‘decisive moment’ and what influenced him."

Foam_Photography Museum Amsterdam
Keizersgracht 609
1017 DS Amsterdam
The Netherlands
T +31 (0)20 551 6500
[email protected]

Feb 18 06 08:18 am Link

Photographer

Alex Mercatali

Forlì, Emilia-Romagna, Italy

Thanks for sharing the info Kumi smile

now I've something else apart from the usual shooting, to do while being in Amsterdam the next month

Feb 18 06 11:30 am Link