Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > dry skin- help!

Model

Mandy Y

Los Angeles, California, US

I has the flu for almost a week and the constant "nose blowing" caused my nose region to dry up and its all peely and flaky now! sad

what can I do to patch the area up??

Thanks

Feb 18 06 10:58 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

vaseline maybe? i think....but not too much smile

Feb 18 06 11:03 pm Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

I just got over a horrible flu which turned into bronchitis, lasted for weeks.
Same problem.

Use Vitamin E creme or oil.  Lysine cream also helps. Stick with 100% all natural stuff as chemicals will irritate it further.  You can find these things at a Health Food store.

Its also important to drink tons of water to rehydrate yourself after being sick.
Zinc is also important for immune strength and heals tissues.

Feb 18 06 11:10 pm Link

Model

MAILEKOP

San Pedro, California, US

try using "tru blue / lay it on thick" cream w/ shea butter....sold at bath and body.....it works great on dry skin!!!!  wink~

Feb 20 06 11:23 am Link

Makeup Artist

Beauty4U

New York, New York, US

I use a moisturizer from Origins (www.origins.com).  I use "A Perfect World."  My skin gets really dry in the winter because of the dry air.  I love it cause not only is a great moisturizer but it has Vitamin C and it evens out your skin tone and contains White Tea which firms and is anti-aging and a whole bunch of other great stuff.

Facial Scrubs from Origins are good too to loosen all the dead flaky skin around your nose.  I use "Modern Friction" which contains Rice Starch and Aloe (just to name a few).  Try it and you just might like it.  I'm hooked and it makes my skin feel nice and glowy and so damn smooth (like a baby's bottom) LOL.

Hope that helped!

Feb 21 06 02:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

well i would use a vit. E or aloe vera even a body butter, they make ones for the face now smile i would slather your nose with vit E or Aloe while you are sleeping and use a gentile srub to remove the dead skin in the morning:) hope that helps smile Mandy of deadly design makeup artistry

Feb 21 06 05:28 pm Link

Model

Reina

BRONX, New York, US

How about baby oil?

Feb 23 06 11:55 am Link

Makeup Artist

faithb

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Baby oil is the absolute worst for dry skin.  It just sits on top of your skin and smells good.

Feb 23 06 08:58 pm Link

Model

Kasia B

New York, New York, US

Speaking from experience....Neosporin ointment. It also takes the pain away! That is all.

Kasia

Feb 23 06 09:05 pm Link

Makeup Artist

JENN LEE

PUTNAM VALLEY, New York, US

almond oil !  almond oil!!! 

(you can apply it  to a models realllly dry patches and then let it set a bit ...obviously get all the excess off before the makeup)

Feb 24 06 07:40 pm Link