Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > The lowest cost on makeup wedges

Makeup Artist

MakeoverMajic

Appleton, Wisconsin, US

I had a friend who bought a large box full of loose makeup wedges, of course he doesnt remeber where he found them so I went on the big google search looking for the lowest cost on bulk makeup wedges of a good quality and I found these....

http://www.kosmetech.com/item.asp?idPro … Category=1

They came out to about .01 cent each but you have to buy a minimum of 4000 sponges.... not a big deal they are easy to store or maybe a couple of us could split a box or something ....

The question is though have you seen a better price then this or another place to buy bulk makeup wedges?

Feb 21 06 05:33 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

well wedges are the one thing i will spend a little more money on i think ones that have a little resistance not supper soft or too stiff, kinda like goldilocks and the 3 beds smile I find that you can cut the sponges in half if you want to save money or sponges, i like a foundation brush too then you just have to clean it and there is less watse

Feb 21 06 06:08 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

I agree about quality.  Nothing worse then trying to work with a poor quality sponge that you cant get a good grip on, ike the kind you can get in drug store.   

I sell 100 thick sponges for $20.00 in my store, they are the best quality you can get.

Feb 21 06 06:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

Ugh, I made the mistake of skimping because I was being lazy and was already in Target...Bad move.    I really love the feel and texture of the Alcone sponges.  Worth every penny.  Maybe I will try Mary's when I order the Cinema S palettes.
Does anyone have a great resource for disposable mascara wands?  That is the one that kills me.  I have found I don't use sponges as much anymore, but mascara wands are a must.

Feb 21 06 07:51 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Tracey Masterson wrote:
Does anyone have a great resource for disposable mascara wands?  That is the one that kills me.  I have found I don't use sponges as much anymore, but mascara wands are a must.

well i was in walmart the one day (and i hate walmart) but on my way out i noiticed some basics stuff, they sell awsome disposable mascara wands 10 for $1.97  i was secptical at  first but i really like them, they have a longer handel and a nice full wand , I was shocked that something good came outta walmart
i also  clean and reuse my old wands from my mascara tubes these work great as a brow brush too.

Feb 21 06 07:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Delia

Los Angeles, California, US

I get most of my disposables from www.camerareadycosmetics.com.  I fell in love with the gloss wands.

-D

Feb 21 06 08:08 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

I hear Mary at camerareadycosmetics.com has a great deal on disposable wands.  I keep meaning to order from there when I have to pay for something myself.

Mary... you need to get on the list for companies like NBC, CBS, etc.  Since they usually have a list of acceptable vendors for makeup artists like Frends, Naimie's and CS.

Feb 22 06 12:16 am Link

Makeup Artist

Melissa Rachelle

Miami, Florida, US

I like the wedges from Ulta.  They're called Wonder Wedges and they come with 100 in the bag.  It costs about $5.00 for the bag.

Melissa

Feb 22 06 08:42 am Link