Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > How different is photography styling from video ?

Photographer

Sventender

Fullerton, California, US

A question to all the stylists out there.  I'm going to be shooting my first short film with a budget (well, its not a big budget and all the money will be going towards equipment). But anyways I was wondering when it comes to doing video if the make up and hair styling is approached differently than in photography.

Also if any of you are in southern california and might be interested in helping out here is the link for the casting call.

The Feed : Casting Call

Feb 22 06 12:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Sventender wrote:
A question to all the stylists out there.  I'm going to be shooting my first short film with a budget (well, its not a big budget and all the money will be going towards equipment). But anyways I was wondering when it comes to doing video if the make up and hair styling is approached differently than in photography.

Also if any of you are in southern california and might be interested in helping out here is the link for the casting call.

The Feed : Casting Call

well the make-up should be applied differntly a little on the thicker side as the lighting seems to be a tad brighter , differnt. I have worked on a couple of music videos and I really like doing them, I usually do the make-up very similar but with a thicker foundation, more hight light and conture  and a little less powder. you want to skin to appear to be skin and not make-up, especially if there are males in the shoot, your dont want them to look like drag queens. hair should look like hair, not a wig unless that what your going for. I use a lot of hair spray for photo shoots, becasue its ok if the hair doesnt move, but in a video you want the hair to move and look natural even if it is hightly styled.

Feb 22 06 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

Sventender

Fullerton, California, US

awesome, thanks for the insight. now i just need to find someone who can do this...

Feb 22 06 01:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

well if you want to fly me out there and put me up in a hotel I can be avalible smile hehehe

Feb 22 06 01:36 pm Link