Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > big bad brows - help!

Makeup Artist

JENN LEE

PUTNAM VALLEY, New York, US

ok....most of the models dont bother to clean up their brows , and i am totally fine working with them in terms of what products and shaping....

BUT
I HATE tweezing them. Hate it.
I know its a standard thing....but i REALLY shy away from it because the pain factor makes me soooooooooo uncomfortable.

so-- any great ideas and tips?

Feb 23 06 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

JENN LEE wrote:
ok....most of the models dont bother to clean up their brows , and i am totally fine working with them in terms of what products and shaping....

BUT
I HATE tweezing them. Hate it.
I know its a standard thing....but i REALLY shy away from it because the pain factor makes me soooooooooo uncomfortable.

so-- any great ideas and tips?

Think of it as Torture for letting their brows grow... Next time they will come prepared.

Feb 23 06 07:06 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

My brows are like wild weeds.
I get them done every weekend...MUA's love me.

Feb 23 06 07:09 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

if i need to shape a brow an a model I charge her .
bittim line, my job is to do make-up i dont have time to reshape your brows unless we have discussed this before the shoot and really i shouldnt be yanken hairs outta your face on shoot day, reddness can occur and thats hard to fix.
be professional and get your brows tweesed and or threaded.

Feb 23 06 07:45 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ROSHAR

Los Angeles, California, US

Actually Tweezed brows are a little dated.
Full brows ala Brook Shields 1980 are what is going on in fashion at the moment.
So whatever you do try not to tweeze alot. Just clean it up a little.

However if you absolutly have to tweeze strays then pull in the direction that is grows in. It will tug on the skin less.

Remember- there will be redness after you do this so be prepared.

If you are really not wanting to create any pain at all, you can put ice over the brow to numb it or even Ambasol.

Feb 23 06 07:45 pm Link

Makeup Artist

JENN LEE

PUTNAM VALLEY, New York, US

Roshar wrote:
Actually Tweezed brows are a little dated.
Full brows ala Brook Shields 1980 are what is going on in fashion at the moment.
So whatever you do try not to tweeze alot. Just clean it up a little.

no, i'm only talkin those horrible fat strays that lie WAY below the normal growth/natural curve line. The ones you KNOW are gonna show in the beauty shot.

Feb 23 06 08:29 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

JENN LEE wrote:
ok....most of the models dont bother to clean up their brows ,

to me, coming with cleaned up brows is common courtesty and an unwritten rule.  ESPECIALLY if the makeup artist is doing the shoot tfcd.

Feb 23 06 08:32 pm Link

Model

veester

Portland, Oregon, US

I agree with CrazyIsabelAurora, models need to realize they will look a LOT better with their eyebrows cleaned up!

Feb 23 06 08:36 pm Link