Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > can I get some feed back?

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Ok so heres the thing I have made a couple of make-up belts with pockets and what not, and I have sold a few . I was wondering if you could create the perfect makeup belt what would you want to have on it.
I personally haven't been able to find a perfect make-up belt so I made one. smile
I think this is a good idea, as I have acctually sold one right off of my body after I finnished working on a fashion show to another make-up artist.
this is what I have designed so far...
I have ones that are just for brushes, ones with really big "pit" pockets, with smaller pockes on top of pockects.
I designed a "magnetic spot" that is perfect for bobby pins and safty pins you can just stick it to the "spot" and they stay perfectly easy to find and use.
grommits and caribeaners to hold all of those things you dont want to put down,like brushes or blow dryers.
hair spray holsters, kinda like a gun holster.
velcro pouches, (detachable)
Buisness card pocket
and i custom make them in what ever colour you want . i make them out of machine washable fabrics. or ones that just wipe off.
Do you think there is a demand for good quality personalized make-up or stylists belts?
I charge $35-$60 per belt + shipping and handling
some extra fees may be added on if you want expensive fabrics or swarski(sp) crylstals. smile

I know this sounds like something for sale and I have a thread on the market forum
I mostly want to know if any one would be interested in having a personal belt made for them with exactly what they wanted.

I will figure out how to post a picture of my custom belts. my computer died recently and I lost all of my images.
So what do you think?? is there a market for this ?? and what would you pay???
thanks guys I would like to hear what you think smile....
Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Scroll down I just added the pictures on one of my replys smile For some reasone it wouldnt let me add them to this first post smile go figure smile But honestly let me know what you think smile

Feb 24 06 04:13 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jennifer Corona

Los Angeles, California, US

They is a very big maket for this........
I am interested in buying one!! smile
let me know when you get your pics up!

Feb 24 06 04:17 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Jennifer Corona wrote:
They is a very big maket for this........
I am interested in buying one!! smile
let me know when you get your pics up!

Totally you can e-mail me personally if you would like more info .I am trying to take a good picture right now then i just have to upload the info into this "borroed" computer smile
ok so I can't ut the pictures of them up right now as I dont have the pass word to add new softwear to this computer i am borrowing , but i should be able to tomorrow.
I have a couple of styles, one has a detachable "bibb" kinda looks like a cooking apron, but much cooler.and the other stlye is just the bottom half of the apron, looks kinda like a severs apron approx size.. 18 inch long  by 12 inch wide.with a varriety of pockets sizes..

Feb 24 06 04:22 pm Link

Makeup Artist

divas touch

Miami, Florida, US

I freelance and have worked with every brand I have a japonesque belt, but M.A.C. has a very nice one. I once saw one from perscriptives that was very nice but it's a specialty item for their makeup artist not for sale. I bought my first one from a hardware store that went out of business Saunders was it's name and they were made of blk canvas still have them they were $10.00.

Feb 24 06 05:32 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

divas touch wrote:
I freelance and have worked with every brand I have a japonesque belt, but M.A.C. has a very nice one. I once saw one from perscriptives that was very nice but it's a specialty item for their makeup artist not for sale. I bought my first one from a hardware store that went out of business Saunders was it's name and they were made of blk canvas still have them they were $10.00.

umm thats nice but doesent really have any thing to do with this particular forum, smile I am asking what people are interested in ,in a blet, not what brands you like, but rather what is it you would like to have incourperated into a  belt ,as I am selling or asking about selling my custom Deadly Design Belts.smile and wondering if there is any interest out there .smile

Feb 24 06 05:44 pm Link

Makeup Artist

K E O

Houston, Texas, US

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:
Ok so heres the thing I have made a couple of make-up belts with pockets and what not, and I have sold a few . I was wondering if you could create the perfect makeup belt what would you want to have on it.
I personally haven't been able to find a perfect make-up belt so I made one. smile
I think this is a good idea, as I have acctually sold one right off of my body after I finnished working on a fashion show to another make-up artist.
this is what I have designed so far...
I have ones that are just for brushes, ones with really big "pit" pockets, with smaller pockes on top of pockects.
I designed a "magnetic spot" that is perfect for bobby pins and safty pins you can just stick it to the "spot" and they stay perfectly easy to find and use.
grommits and caribeaners to hold all of those things you dont want to put down,like brushes or blow dryers.
hair spray holsters, kinda like a gun holster.
velcro pouches, (detachable)
Buisness card pocket
and i custom make them in what ever colour you want . i make them out of machine washable fabrics. or ones that just wipe off.
Do you think there is a demand for good quality personalized make-up or stylists belts?
I charge $35-$50 per belt + shipping and handling

I know this sounds like something for sale and I have a thread on the market forum
I mostly want to know if any one would be interested in having a personal belt made for them with exactly what they wanted.

I will figure out how to post a picture of my custom belts. my computer died recently and I lost all of my images.
So what do you think?? is there a market for this ?? and what would you pay???
thanks guys I would like to hear what you think smile....
Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Sounds awesome, I would soooo buy one..if it was so savvy like that and customized. I actually am currently using my silver brush belt from Urban Decay, but am always on the hunt for a new one.

Feb 24 06 05:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

thanks smile so good to hear theres some interest for my product smile I am currntly working with a job creating tean for home based buisnesses and this is my "product" I am trying to figure out if this is worth for me to do. so far it seams like people are interested and thats a good thing, just have to put a foucus group together and ect ect ect, and be ready to find my product online or in store smile

Feb 24 06 06:51 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

ok so I figured out how to post images, wooo hooo smile yahh me smile any way the photo quality isnt all that great, I have a new camera and well I am not a photographer, I'm a make-up artist smile any way it will give you the idea of what I can custome create. I can make any stlye ,# of pockets , and what ever.. if you see one on a site or in a store send me a pic and I could make it , but better and with a unique style. smile

1st image Side veiw shot of the basic sever style make-up belt. check out the magnetic pin holder smile my fav. feature, works great with bobby pins too. smile and shake proof they wont fall of .

http://photobucket.com/albums/d99/Deadl … deveiw.jpg

2nd image, Brush close up basic server style belt

http://photobucket.com/albums/d99/Deadl … loseup.jpg

3rd image Full veiw of Basic sever style.

http://photobucket.com/albums/d99/Deadl … pbelt1.jpg

4th image, Full bib style, the top part of the bib snaps off so you get 2 stles in one make-up belt. this can be made with or with out the detachable feature.

http://photobucket.com/albums/d99/Deadl … upbelt.jpg

So let me know what you think smile
I chose fabrics that I like and decorated the 1-3 images im my style I like a little glits and needs some crystals to add a little bling :)do we still use that termm "bling" ?
But I can make you a belt in any fabric  style you wish .smile

Feb 25 06 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

The belts look great, but I would be worried about restricted mobility, personally. I am constantly kneeling or bending over during shows and would be afraid that my shit would fall out. As well, I'm always squeezing by people or through narrow pass-ways, and the belt could most definately catch on things or hit people (I have this clumsy habit of always bumping into shit). And I wouldn't be able to run, if the need arose.

I work best with very little on my person; I don't like to be weighed down by stuff.

I have a mini side belt, which is great for small things and brushes. And if I find that I'm walking a long way from my station and need to bring a large pallete or whatever with me, I have a very simple over-the-shoulder smallish canvas tote bag, to stick the larger things in.

Those are definately some great belts, though. You are a great seamstress. I hope that you sell a lot, doll.

xo

Feb 26 06 12:16 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

AlwaysMadeUp wrote:
The belts look great, but I would be worried about restricted mobility, personally. I am constantly kneeling or bending over during shows and would be afraid that my shit would fall out. As well, I'm always squeezing by people or through narrow pass-ways, and the belt could most definately catch on things or hit people (I have this clumsy habit of always bumping into shit). And I wouldn't be able to run, if the need arose.

I work best with very little on my person; I don't like to be weighed down by stuff.

I have a mini side belt, which is great for small things and brushes. And if I find that I'm walking a long way from my station and need to bring a large pallete or whatever with me, I have a very simple over-the-shoulder smallish canvas tote bag, to stick the larger things in.

Those are definately some great belts, though. You are a great seamstress. I hope that you sell a lot, doll.

xo

thanks hun and you would know you have seen my belt in person smile
I have had to run in a fully jamm packed belt up stairs  and no problems I just slide it to one side and take off, no running records but fun too.
I "dressed" the belts to show what size of items you could fit into the belts too, I usually dont run around with stuff sticking out of it other than brushes. smile ohh and I have a "snap" at the top of the largest pocket so nothing will fall out unless I am flipped up side down smile but that doesnt happent to often in my line of work smile

Feb 26 06 12:22 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

oops double post

Feb 26 06 12:53 am Link

Makeup Artist

Josephine Grace

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am buying one from this wonderful lady!! Awsome work with your make-up as well, I love  you're style, and would love to work with you one day. ( hopefully soon wink )

Feb 26 06 05:06 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Josephine Grace wrote:
I am buying one from this wonderful lady!! Awsome work with your make-up as well, I love  you're style, and would love to work with you one day. ( hopefully soon wink )

thanks smile we are creating a "custome" belt as you read this so dont delay order yours today smile hehehe

Feb 26 06 12:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

UkMakeupArtist

Liverpool, Illinois, US

I LOVE that full bib belt.  I would love something like this.  I am always cliping stuff to my jeans or putting things in mypockets which just isnt practical.

Would you ship to the Uk?

Lucy x

Feb 26 06 03:17 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

UkMakeupArtist wrote:
I LOVE that full bib belt.  I would love something like this.  I am always cliping stuff to my jeans or putting things in mypockets which just isnt practical.

Would you ship to the Uk?

Lucy x

of course it just will cost you a little bit more smile you pay the shipping and handeling  smile

Feb 26 06 03:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

ohh I should mention that my belts do NOT come with all of the make-up supplies as shown in pictures, i just got an e-mail from some who asked that question smile
the caribiners and belt part is included :)and i bet you'll get one of my buisness cards too smile

Feb 26 06 03:47 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

ok sold two smile I am so excited smile

Feb 26 06 05:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

so what do you think ? any thing you would change? i am currently making one thats more like a set bag that attaches to your body smile and so far I love it smile alot more work so this baby is going to be a little more money smile any hoo I would love some more input from all of you pro stars out there smile ..Mandy

Feb 27 06 08:46 pm Link