Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > What can a white guy do with HUGE hair?

Model

AdamBGarrett

Hampton, Virginia, US

I've got the fro, or slicked back, or in between, but are there any other things I could be doing?

Feb 27 06 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

CameraSight

Roselle Park, New Jersey, US

Do Retro shots , LOL

Feb 27 06 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Cut it!

Feb 27 06 10:13 pm Link

Model

CassandraLorien

Brooklyn, New York, US

LOTS of gel, grow it long, cut it short, or thermal reconditioning.( aka  japanese straightening)

Feb 27 06 10:17 pm Link

Model

Jessica Loren

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Be happy that you have a nice thick head of hair. I'm sure there are lots of guys who wouldn't mind having it.
Second, it's versitile and honestly, unless you have a certain job that requires a certain look, just keep photos in your port of all three styles.
You're a great looking guy so it kinda works nomatter what...after all, to get paid gigs, all that really matters is what the client wants right?

Or...corn rows?

Feb 27 06 10:20 pm Link

Model

AdamBGarrett

Hampton, Virginia, US

CassandraLorien wrote:
LOTS of gel, grow it long, cut it short, or thermal reconditioning.( aka  japanese straightening)

so no fro?

Feb 28 06 12:26 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

No keep your curls smile dont cut your hair this stupid thig wouldnt let me post yesterday UHGGGGGGGGGGGG ohh well maybe you just need some product know lege like I have curls and I use a mousse in my hair apply when wet let air dry and then yo u have soft but not frizzy hair. I like the fro but only for runway and high fashion. e-mail me if you want more info..Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Feb 28 06 08:04 am Link

Photographer

Zeo

Canton, Ohio, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=81832

That's probabl ythe best a white person with normal hair an do, the classic "Medevail(SP I know) European" look.

Feb 28 06 06:11 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Zeo wrote:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=81832

That's probabl ythe best a white person with normal hair an do, the classic "Medevail(SP I know) European" look.

Please don't try and look like Jay Dezelic.
I think that slicked curly look works wonderfully on you.

Feb 28 06 06:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

benson

Los Angeles, California, US

Adam..........Your hair is very vesatile..........I would suggest getting a steam straightening wand.........They advertise them all the time on TV......Versatility is a model's strongest selling point.......I wanna hire you based on the FRO!

no cutting of the hair!

Feb 28 06 06:24 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Olivier

I would not cut the hair either .Like it has been said versatility is a great thing for modeling and you have hair that can be worked with. The trick to change your look as far as hair is to use different products for different looks. I would suggest a flat iron more than a steam iron if you want to create the straight look. no frizz product  would help you a lot too. try gels, mousses , wax and pommades to create different textures  and have fun smile Love the fro too .

Feb 28 06 08:02 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

Zeo wrote:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=81832

Let's not do this look.  I don't want you looking like a has been Kenny G/1990's Michael Bolton trying to do another come back album.

Let's not go there with that look.

Mar 04 06 04:29 pm Link

Model

Hourglass

Huntington Beach, California, US

i have a Robert Plant hair fetish of sorts. I think I might just cry if you cut your hair. : ) No but seriously, your hair looks really good. it has character. keep it long.

Mar 04 06 04:43 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

Los Angeles, California, US

Oops- I'm in the minority. I think you should cut it. Shorter hair with texture is so malleable and can lend to many different looks, but the way it is now you only have one look (or two if you want to be "pony tail guy"). Plus you have a very commercial look and could get alot more work looking clean cut. Not too short mind you- keep it a bit shaggy or longer on top (ala James Dean). Just my opinion.

Mar 04 06 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Amanda Schlicher

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I'd like to shoot you with the afro.  after that you can do whatever you want with it.

Mar 04 06 05:05 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

I'm with Jessica.  You're going to limit yourself work wise if you keep it long.

Mar 04 06 05:05 pm Link