Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > For the boys....

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

So I see a great deal of stylists' work directed at female models.  However, as a male with a fairly large closet I'm curious to know if a stylist would be beneficial to me.  I find that choosing looks for shoots is getting increasingly difficult and even at times bothersome since I am afraid I'm coming up with the same look each time.

With that in mind.... Are there stylists out there that specialize in guys not unlike myself or am I limited to a blind chase based on portfolios directed to females?

Mar 01 06 10:33 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

well as far as i know stylists can style both male and female models, some speciallize in just the ladies, but i have worked with ones who style the guys, and i think it would be bennifical for you. even a make-up artist is benifical to a guy, not to make you look like a girl, but to make you look clean and "even" skin that is, and hoo. have fun keep it up...Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry.

Mar 01 06 11:09 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

Thanks Mandy :-)  I've definately come to love having a MUA handy as my skin looks infinitely better when I have someone "clean me up"...haha....

Mar 01 06 11:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

No problem one of the shoot I worked on was with a newbie male model and he was a little worried I would make him look like a girl I asked him "do you really rhink I'd do that" he said "well I dont know maybe" to say the lease he didnt look like a girl, he looked very clean and had perfect skin in the photo's. smile
have fun...mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Mar 02 06 01:42 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

I had the "lucky" privledge of wearing makeup before I even started doing shoots.  As the youngest person in the design firm I was working for, getting people to hand over a contract to "Doogie Houser" with the little acne spots was not an easy sell.  Luckily the acne is gone (except when I get overly stressed out!) but I still enjoy having a single skin tone.  HAHA!  I'm always amazed when I have my face done by someone .... I think my response in the past has been "Is that me?"

:-)

B

Mar 03 06 02:25 am Link