Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Stylist/Make-up for a film...

Filmmaker

Geoff Ryan

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm going to be doing a short film in late March and am in need of a make-up person and/or stylist interested in getting experience in the film scene. I can't really pay much more than expenses and all that but it is a very unique piece which is why I'm looking for people with a bit of a fashion background. (Plus, the person I've used the past few years just moved to LA so I'm really in need of finding someone talented and driven that I can build a good working relationship with again - it's always nice to have a team you trust).

The film is about a sinister young woman who leads a religious cult while plotting to bring about the Apocalypse.

It is for a low budget short but with out being too arrogant sounding I can honestly say that it will be a quality piece and it is a very strong role that I feel would offer someone the chance to really broaden their portfolio. Also, I'm an experienced director with numerous videos on MTV for bands like "Senses Fail" and "iiO" as well as metal bands like "Dog Fashion Disco" and my cinematographer has shot videos for NIN and "Mindless Self Indulgence" - so it won't be your run-of-the-mill indy short.

If anyone here is interested in this experience let me know. Thanks for your consideration.

Geoff Ryan
Spork Productions
4249-341 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10012
http://www.SPORKproductions.com

Mar 02 06 12:49 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

maybe you should read the "stylist forum is not for want adds" post as it might fill you in as to where to go.

Mar 02 06 01:14 am Link