Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > The Cash Cab...watch it? Been in it?

Model

Jessica Loren

Baltimore, Maryland, US

This is a cool show. I really like it but my Mom is like addicted to it.
Have you seen it?

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/cashc … about.html

Mar 03 06 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

Jessica L wrote:
This is a cool show. I really like it but my Mom is like addicted to it.
Have you seen it?

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/cashc … about.html

So, even the Discovery Channel does schlock programming now.  On WB, that would be fine.  Sad.

Mar 03 06 09:34 pm Link

Model

Jessica Loren

Baltimore, Maryland, US

William Coleman wrote:
So, even the Discovery Channel does schlock programming now.  On WB, that would be fine.  Sad.

What is "schlock" and sad about having fun and winning a little money? I don't get it.
I like it because these people aren't rocket scientists, they are every day people who get a free cab ride in NY City and win money (although it's not a million $$$) for being smart.

Oh well..you're entitled to your opinion.

Mar 03 06 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Wayne M Photography

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

My brother is addicted to it. I can't recall a day in the last month that I have come home and he isn't watching it. It's about the only thing that will get him off my computer playing games smile.
I've watched it a few times and thought it was funny and maybe fun to do. Course I like being able to answer a few of the questions.
Wayne

Mar 03 06 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

Jessica L wrote:

What is "schlock" and sad about having fun and winning a little money? I don't get it.
I like it because these people aren't rocket scientists, they are every day people who get a free cab ride in NY City and win money (although it's not a million $$$) for being smart?

Oh well..you're entitled to your opinion.

Hey, PBS could improve ratings for Antiques Roadshow.  They could call it The Price is Right for Your Antique.  People guess the value of their old time tea sets, and the winner gets handed a bundle of cash!  They could have guest appearances from Kid Rock and Britney Spears.  Now, that's the way to bump up ratings!

I've got some ideas for BBC World News, too.

Mar 03 06 09:52 pm Link