Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Season two of Bravo’s Project Runway is moments away from its ultimate climax and the third season of Blow Out and Jonathan Antin are about to step onto center-stage.

It’s time for stylish drama in the West Hollywood and Beverly Hills Salons and Jonathan is definitely my withdrawal from Project Runway until season three premiers this coming winter.

Any Jonathan or Blow Out fans in the stylist family???

What’s your Project Runway withdrawal???

Mar 08 06 01:29 am Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

I've never heard of Blowout before. What is it?

And I only ever watched Project Runway in syndication once or twice.

I'm a sucker for America's Next Top Model...and it starts tomorrow!

Edited to add:

I'm going to attempt to be clever and guess its a show about hair styling? Do I get a cookie?

Mar 08 06 01:36 am Link

Makeup Artist

Melissa Rachelle

Miami, Florida, US

I know it's sad but I'm addicted to any show about the beauty/fashion industry.

Project Runway
Blow Out
America's Next Top Model
and the new show 8th and Ocean on MTV

I'm very excited about the new season of America's Next Top Model.

The only one I find boring is the Rachel Hunter show Style Me.  I try to watch it but always end up changing the channel.

When are they going to have a reality show about Makeup Artists?

Mar 08 06 09:20 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

Melissa Rachelle wrote:
When are they going to have a reality show about Makeup Artists?

Ohhh...now that sounds like a good one.  I would watch that!

Mar 08 06 06:36 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

AlwaysMadeUp wrote:
I've never heard of Blowout before. What is it?

I'm going to attempt to be clever and guess its a show about hair styling? Do I get a cookie?

Yes you do, the show profiles Jonathan Antin, an upstart owner of two salons, one in West Hollywood and one in Beverly Hills.

The first season profiled the opening of the Beverly Hills salon and its success and the second season followed the launch of his product line from the chemistry to the opening at Sephora and on a Home Shopping network style of show, though I'm hazy on the network.

I thought season two was the end of the road for Jonathan on Bravo, but season three has been advertised for the past three plus weeks.

Mar 08 06 09:13 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

I only caught parts of season two.  It was interesting but what could happen in season three that would be so amazing?

Mar 09 06 12:16 am Link

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

Amazing.  I watched the full first season (and then the reruns of the first season) and thought he was gone for good if only because he blew up at the slightest things.  But alas... I'm surprised and now I'll have to catch in on it and see him in action again :-)

Mar 09 06 12:40 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

well i think its unanimous that jonathan just had such "bangin hair" the "totally hot chicks" can't stop watching the show.

Mar 10 06 12:59 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

LOL RachelRose!
I think he is hysterical.
Do I envy anyone that works with or for him?  no

Mar 11 06 01:10 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

haha i  have actually hung out with one of the salon peeps, because my friend has been getting her hair cut at jonathan for years. we spent a fair portion of time making fun of jonathan.

Mar 11 06 09:26 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Kuree

Dave the design student wrote:
Season two of Bravo’s Project Runway is moments away from its ultimate climax and the third season of Blow Out and Jonathan Antin are about to step onto center-stage.

It’s time for stylish drama in the West Hollywood and Beverly Hills Salons and Jonathan is definitely my withdrawal from Project Runway until season three premiers this coming winter.

Any Jonathan or Blow Out fans in the stylist family???

What’s your Project Runway withdrawal???

Jonathan use to do my hair. So I guess you can file me in the fan family. I don't watch the show though. The products were launched in Sephora and on shopping giant... QVC.

I can't stand watching Project Runway. If a real designer worked like that they'd be... out of business. It's not entertaining to me. I love Heidi Klum... but the show is so painfully frustrating for me to watch.

Mar 14 06 03:10 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Kuree

rachelrose wrote:
haha i  have actually hung out with one of the salon peeps, because my friend steph has been getting her hair cut at jonathan for years. we spent a fair portion of time making fun of jonathan.

Good for the both of you! I don't know who your friend is, but just so you know... he does surf the internet and may as well read what you wrote.

He's the next Frederic Fekkai. Watching a programme is not the best way to judge someone. There is a line between gossip for the sake of gossip... and then there is a time where it's probably best to be professionally responsible... like when posting on forums about fellow industry peeps you don't know. The gossip fest stops here.

Just so you know... Jonthan is kind-hearted. He's humble and driven and obviously business savvy. And he's always there to help. He would go out of his way for people! He found me on the internet, he emailed me to offer advice at his own will (never did he try to get my business), he just truly likes to help people and I'm not a "hot chick." It's real tough to be a business owner, especially when employees aren't respectful... you are always the bad guy when you have people working under you. Give the guy a break... especially when you have never even met him.

He truly loves what he does and it shows.

Mar 14 06 03:19 am Link

Hair Stylist

Olivier

Kuree wrote:

Good for the both of you! I don't know who your friend is, but just so you know... he does surf the internet and may as well read what you wrote.

He's the next Frederic Fekkai. Watching a programme is not the best way to judge someone. There is a line between gossip for the sake of gossip... and then there is a time where it's probably best to be professionally responsible... like when posting on forums about fellow industry peeps you don't know. The gossip fest stops here.

Just so you know... Jonthan is kind-hearted. He's humble and driven and obviously business savvy. And he's always there to help. He would go out of his way for people! He found me on the internet, he emailed me to offer advice at his own will (never did he try to get my business), he just truly likes to help people and I'm not a "hot chick." It's real tough to be a business owner, especially when employees aren't respectful... you are always the bad guy when you have people working under you. Give the guy a break... especially when you have never even met him.

He truly loves what he does and it shows.

I agree with you about not judging but, you said it yourself you do not watch the show and maybe you should to understand what others are saying . He is portrayed by the show a certain way and that is what people see . Plus do not go on TV if you don't expect people to get an opinion on who you are from what the show is showing. You did compare him to Frederic Fekkai (still not sure what you meant by that) and i am not sure you could unless you know both of them well. For the record i respect both of them smile

Mar 14 06 03:20 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Bravo previewed bits of a Blow Out mini-marathon over the past couple of days and Tuesday is the premier of the third season of Blow Out, meaning this coming weekend will air the first episode at least a half-dozen showings and re-run either season one or season two to bring new viewers up to par for the returning personalities.

Happy St. Patricks and four more days till Blow Out...!

Mar 18 06 02:22 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

The first episode of Blow Out ended moments ago, and is it possible to create a show with more drama than a day with Jonathan...

I was almost on the floor with laughter during the second half of the show, and the Revolver photo shoot was definitely my favorite moment of the episode, leave it to Antin.

Mar 21 06 08:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Wow.  Just watched the show.  That Revolver shoot made me nervous.  He's ballsy.  I'll give him that.  smile  The show did make me smile.

Mar 21 06 10:45 pm Link

Model

Cynthia Leigh

Orlando, Florida, US

I don't know why I watched it (it isn't my normal cup of tea), but I enjoyed it for it's usual reality show charm (aka drama) and that there aren't that many shows to compare it to.

Mar 22 06 12:17 am Link

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

El Centro, California, US

I caught the last few mintues of it...the commercial for the next episode where he tapes his eyes open & starts spraying that mousse/foam everywhere just cracks me up.

Mar 22 06 12:31 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Kuree

Olivier wrote:
I agree with you about not judging but, you said it yourself you do not watch the show and maybe you should to understand what others are saying . He is portrayed by the show a certain way and that is what people see . Plus do not go on TV if you don't expect people to get an opinion on who you are from what the show is showing. You did compare him to Frederic Fekkai (still not sure what you meant by that) and i am not sure you could unless you know both of them well. For the record i respect both of them smile

Frederic is a master, his work haunts me in my sleep! If I could still afford it... !!!!

When I say he is the next Frederic Fekkai... I'm saying he's on his way to be just as famous. Then again, Jonathan may as well be a household name already.

My point is that you should not speak badly... publicly about people in the business. It's not smart, especially when that person is very active on the net. It's fine for the general public to form an opinion, but we are suppose to be smarter than that... and very careful to not burn bridges with people we might meet or have to work with one day. I don't think a TV show is a reliable source of revealing who the person is. And I don't think hearsay is either. Meet him yourself if you want to know.

Mar 22 06 06:18 am Link

Model

Maria T

Lambertville, New Jersey, US

Love both Jonathan and ANTM!

Mar 22 06 06:26 am Link