Forums > Critique > Well this is a cool section....

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

If a few people would be willing to hit my portfolio here on MM and give their opinions - It would be appreciated..

Some like my style others do not I am interested in why on both fronts to try to better understand what people / models / people that actually pay for stuff want to see.

Thanks

Jun 28 05 01:37 pm Link

Model

Shayuma

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Brent, you do great work. I would love to work with you.

Jun 28 05 09:48 pm Link

Model

veester

Portland, Oregon, US

I agree Brett, keep it up, and if you ever hit Oregon let me know! smile

Jun 28 05 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

What about the work i do catches your eye?

Is it color - or emotions etc?

This is one of the hardest parts of photography..

Jun 29 05 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Photography

Valrico, Florida, US

Brent,
I like your work,  the way you angle the subjects and the soft focus,  really stands out

Jun 29 05 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

Thanks - I really try to capture emotion - sometimes that is easier than other times.... but I think the model makes a HUGE differance in this factor....

The model needs to be comfortable and into the shoot...

Jun 29 05 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Siu

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Your angles, the light you work with,  focus(or not)  with emphasis. Diversity in your portfolio.    The angle compostion and expression in your avatar is really outstanding.

Oh and did I mention the stunning models . . .

Jul 04 05 01:17 am Link

Photographer

FYH Photo

Santa Clara, California, US

You do great work, but a note.  If you NAMED your pics in your portfolio, it would be easier, much easier, to comment on a specific one without going into long detail trying to describe it.  wink  Just a thought.   

Jul 05 05 03:39 am Link

Photographer

FYH Photo

Santa Clara, California, US

You do great work BTW. smile  We've also worked with some of the same models.  It's interesting to see how different photographers create different works with the same subject.  Fascinating.  Your style is definitely very distinct.  smile

Jul 05 05 03:39 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Brent Burzycki: 
What about the work i do catches your eye?

Is it color - or emotions etc?

This is one of the hardest parts of photography..

Brent, the black in all your images come out on my monitor extremely nice, which makes it contrast very well with the other colors. I've seen your work before, enough to see your style develop. I think you are a focused and exceptional Glamour photographer. I say focused, because you're not all over the place with genres. With the exception of the image of the model and motorcycle.

All of the facial expressions in your port follow two paths, either mellow, or playful. Since you're in Glamour, add one more to the expression department: passionate

Jul 05 05 04:03 am Link

Photographer

StudioGuru

Swindon, England, United Kingdom

To me your images convey intimacy, the viewer gets drawn into and can fantasise about being part of the scene.  Another couple of phrases that spring to mind are, Class and Quality.  I am sure most models would pay you for shots like that?

Jul 05 05 04:56 am Link