Forums > Critique > may i have your opinions?

Model

yongyong

Houston, Texas, US

Can you please critique my work? I would really appreciate it.

Jun 28 05 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

I am not trying to be a smart ass but I must ask first.

What do YOU think?

Jun 28 05 06:32 pm Link

Model

yongyong

Houston, Texas, US

I think its pretty good. Im just trying to figure which photos I should put into my comp and seek profesional advice before turning it in to a talent agency. Thanks

Jun 29 05 09:38 am Link

Photographer

Low Tek Photography

Atlanta, Georgia, US

First, lose the blurry photos. Those are hurting your portfolio.

Secondly, it says you've been modeling for a year now. Those can't be the only 4 deceent photos you have of yourself?

Jun 29 05 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Marksora,  I will take this one, 

yongyong,
The shot with the tie is way out of focus and cheezy.
solution... a nice suit shot that is in focus,  maybe with some movement or some attitude.

the shot of you in the 80's jacket showing your stomach.  Are you serious?
Solution... get a sense of style,  work out, or do not show your body.

The B&W head shot,  Okay to show an agency or photographer to start but looks out of focus and bad lighting.
Solution.... Hire a real photographer or do TFP.  TFP is not easy for a male, 

The profile B&w and current avatar.... Not bad but not good.
The photographer used too wide of a lens and it is not pleasing for your face structure.  Too light.  Cannot see your face.  Nice hair but are you trying to be somekind of hair model or some something like that.
Solution.... Hire a photographer that shoots men and get your images in focus and printed well.

As the agencies say,    baa,  bye....

Jun 29 05 12:20 pm Link

Model

veester

Portland, Oregon, US

I think the lack/white head shot is the best one so for for you to approach any agency with. I would start with that one and work with better phtographers to enhance your portfolio

Jun 29 05 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

James Rulison

Chino Hills, California, US

I am only going to say read above statements.  You need to find a better photographer and get out more normal studio work just doesn't do it these days.

James

Jun 29 05 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Well i would say something but it will not be good and then i may get banned from this site.

5 minutes of trying to find something good to say and still nothing. Throw these out and get a better photographer is as good as i will go.

Jun 29 05 10:34 pm Link

Model

AnnaMarie

Flushing, New York, US

I agree. Get new pics!  There are awesome photographers in Texas and your surrounding states that would be happy to work with you!

Jun 29 05 10:41 pm Link

Model

Jeremy Blaine

Los Angeles, California, US

My suggestion is to make sure your photos are in focus. This should be the responsibility of the photographer; however, if you get one back and it is not in focus, then it is trash. I agree with what everyone else i saying about the black and white head shot being the one you can keep and start with.

I think just about any photographer would do a better job than the ones you have here, so just put announcements up on sites like this that you are looking for TFP. Hopefully you will be contacted by some photographers in your area. Also you can be aggressive and send them a message to their profile asking them if they would like to shoot a TFP.

peace and joy

Jul 01 05 08:22 am Link