Forums > General Industry > "Team Mayhem" ~MM community volunteers meet here

Clothing Designer

Atelier Benson

Detroit, Michigan, US

SJH photography wrote:
but it would be handy for a link to take entrants straight there is a link attached to the rules that takes them straight to the thread about how to post pics

100% Agree and Advocate this idea! There is a reason that Apple spends so much money to make their products user friendly!

SJH photography wrote:
some ideas i think might be considered by you all and your input please
1) a link attached to my profile linking them to motw (in my case save me having to keep cutting and pasting it tongue )
2) rules rewritten in a more basic form (as i stated above )
3) a link to team members on each competition for any voters or entrants to hit if they need to leave a message or ask advice .
   sorry terri more coding for you big_smile you do such an awesome job already and here i am piling work on you again

in order;
1) I have no idea to what you are referring! So I have no issue with it!
2) I wholeheartedly agree that any edit must contain simple basic comprehensive conversational English!
3) YES! I like ease of access to Team Leaders, this is an awesome idea and will keep the wrong information from going out!

SJH photography wrote:
In regards to votes i will continue to do what i can , and pop from comp to comp voting but thats just me ,

I am with you on this one, as a Team Leader it really is only responsible to set an example! Plus I love looking at so many amazing images!

SJH photography wrote:
In regards to xandx and his composite i like how its done , it makes a boldness to the collected shots and puts them all in a level playing field regarding framing and size, numbered as well as, just by scrolling the page you can find the voteing gallery extremely quickly as well as  him doing a superb free job  for us all without any prompting whatsoever ( i wouldnt like that job in the least )
steve

I think that Xandx has the right idea. The issue that I have is the ease with which all of the Gray on Gray gets lost. It could use a bit of differentiation. It would also be awesome if each thread had it's own signature format. While there is joy in repetition, there is also confusion in uniformity. The incorrect numbering is just not acceptable. For example it appears to me that in the MOTW contest both of the entrants who were erroneously assigned the # 11, were just simply disqualified. That is obviously not going to win any fans!

Please do not mistake my opinion for a lack of appreciation of the, as I stated earlier, awesome collage work by Xandx. I am only interested in effectiveness, correctness and a graphic presentation that draws the voters in while not causing any confusion!

Nov 03 08 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Miss Teri Lynn wrote:

Craig Seay wrote:

Craig Seay wrote:
CLASSIFIEDS UpDated 10:00am Nov. 3

Craig, Crowbird is for the Model of the week. smile
I do need volunteers for my team. I esp. need someone in the states. Let me know if you are interested in Photog of the week Volunteers. wink My Team Rocks!

Fixed~thanks. smile

Nov 04 08 12:01 am Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I'd be all for you guys submitting proposals to include revisions. I'm all about letting you guys run it as you see it, as long as your threads and teams are fun and fair. I know that keeping it both fun and fair is quite a balancing act. Fun can be a bit unruly and Fair can be more rules and "less fun". 

As for contestants and participants having a link to you team leaders I did post on  Sunday your avatars with a link to your profiles. I had Teri code them up and I pasted them in. It's near the top of the threads, first page. Is that what you're talking about?

Nov 04 08 03:00 am Link

Photographer

SJH photography

Adeje (Las Americas), Tenerife, Canary Islands

Yes i saw you had done that for us craig regarding the link ,on the thread on motw , and thank you ,
The link i was referring to was that i sometimes contact models asking them to join the competition ,and to show them where it is i cut and paste a link to it , or explain forum>general industry> motw thread , if i contacted any models and could just say there is a link on my profile page they could just go and click on that .
also any team members if they wanted it could do it that way also , thats what i was getting at .
steve

Nov 04 08 05:14 am Link

Photographer

SJH photography

i have put this on a seperate link so avoiding confusion here are a few of my proposals and thank you to q for the endorsements to them ,now we need the others to put there ideas forward also .

1) a link attached to my profile linking them to motw (in my case save me having to keep cutting and pasting it  )
3) a link to team members on each competition for any voters or entrants to hit if they need to leave a message or ask advice .

steve big_smile

Nov 04 08 05:21 am Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

SJH photography wrote:
i have put this on a seperate link so avoiding confusion here are a few of my proposals and thank you to q for the endorsements to them ,now we need the others to put there ideas forward also .

1) a link attached to my profile linking them to motw (in my case save me having to keep cutting and pasting it  )

steve big_smile

3) You now have your avatar w/link on the front page of your contests.
2) I'm all ears, eyes, ...and a big nose. tongue
1) Here you go.
MM POW link button
https://www.pbase.com/cseayphotography/image/101537783/medium.jpg

MM MOW link button
https://www.pbase.com/cseayphotography/image/101546013/medium.jpg

MM MUA link button
https://www.pbase.com/cseayphotography/image/104383924/medium.jpg

Nov 04 08 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Craig Seay wrote:
CLASSIFIEDS "Help wanted" UpDated 10:30am Nov. 4

https://www.pbase.com/cseayphotography/image/104047446/original.jpg

This is where I post requests from OPs wanting volunteers for specified needs. Please check here if you are looking for something to do, then contact the OP. As these jobs are filled I will remove them.

(1) I need several volunteers to help me promote the MM Model of the Week,
the MM Photographer of the Week, and the mm MUA of the Week contests. Duties would include contacting amazing photographers and models to introduce them to these threads. • Additional duties would be to send a Tag to Voters and Contestants each week with a "Thank You" and/or "Good Luck", for their participation. A bump or two a day would also be helpful.
(2) The LIST needs volunteers to help organize an email distribution list. This email list will be used to help us connect photographers with new models on the "Please Just Shoot Me" list and to inform members on current events.
(3) NEW~ We need to build a volunteer team for our newest MENTOR thread The 5th LIST-MENTOR support for newbie Makeup Artists. Please apply here in Team Mayhem or pm Peter Buckley-Saxon.
(4) NEW~ We must move fast on this one. We need 3-5 volunteers to assist Miss Teri Lynn and TR Willmitch in monitoring new entries for the new site-wide Pic of the Day. You will be looking specifically for entries that violate the "15 day repeat" rule. You'll each be scanning 3-5 days, depending upon how many volunteers sign up.  Here's your opportunity to work main page site-wide. Please PM me if you want this assignment. ~Craig

Nov 04 08 11:39 am Link

Model

Miss Teri Lynn

Houston, Texas, US

Steve,
If you look at my personal page, you will see I have it coded like I think you are talking about. With each link to the contest so that people may just click and go. Let me know if this is what you are addressing. If so , yes Craig and I have talked about this. PM me and I will give you the code. smile
Teri

Nov 04 08 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

SJH photography

well your nearly there craig tongue but terri got it right lol

another point i would like to bring up is extension of voting say the voting could go to say
monday 2100 gmt
as this would ensure all you peeps that side of the pond have who are -gmt time get into work and vote while your working ,
and peeps who are +gmt time on monday when we are all asleep(our sunday ) to vote .
what you think folks
steve

ps i have run out of ears , eyes and nose this time lol big_smile

Nov 04 08 04:20 pm Link

Model

Miss Teri Lynn

Houston, Texas, US

I think we need to start using military time. lol. All this central, mountain, Eastern,  over seas, yada yada...hahaha. It's all so very confusing. hehehe.

Nov 04 08 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

SJH photography

tell me about it , and i always thought thats why gmt was invented .
I mentioned 2100 (9pm ) as you over the other side of the puddle would be awake , i would be awake ,the only one it wouldnt suit is anyone like miki who is in front of me i think ,its so confusing .
And if others werent there, at work or at the pub i or in bed having an early nite (nudge nudge wink wink)  i would post banners to help,as for me thats early evening.
steve big_smile

Nov 04 08 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

SJH photography

well dont all rush at once big_smile
does that mean we can have all this done big_smile only joking

Nov 05 08 06:27 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Atelier Benson

Detroit, Michigan, US

Tap Tap Tap.......

Is this thing on?

Nov 06 08 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

the Q  wrote:
Tap Tap Tap.......

Is this thing on?

Good morning Benson. Hate to holla and run...but I gotta run. bbl smile

Nov 06 08 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

SJH photography

well its on at my end ,craig is running with his end yikes

Nov 06 08 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I'm planning to purge The LIST of inactive or dead profiles and I'll be approaching my LIST team for help with that so heads up everyone. wink

How about The Q rockin his contest with 27 entries this week?!!!! Awesome work Benson~!!

Have a great weekend everyone and team leaders please don't hesitate to call me if I can be of assistance.

~Craig

Nov 08 08 01:21 am Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

A message from
https://www.pbase.com/cseayphotography/image/92223123/medium.jpg

Congratulations and welcome Dominic aka IMANstudios_BAY AREA  to The Top Drawer~!! Dominic has been voted in unanimously, a rare occurrence in Top Drawer voting~!!

Let's take a moment to give Dominic a warm welcome.

https://www.pbase.com/cseayphotography/image/105632554/original.jpgIMANstudios BAY AREA

Thanks everyone~!!

Nov 08 08 02:46 am Link

Photographer

xandx

Jamaica, New York, US

Yeah, thanks Q, fine job you did driving those MUA's to market, way to kick my ass, I'm gone to bed.

Nov 08 08 02:48 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

SeaRoman

Bellevue, Washington, US

Perhaps a list Designers/Wardrobe who can do TFCD for new model/photographers might be one to add.

good night MM

(yes I read the Tech and design ideas I have no idea how to help in anyway.)

Nov 08 08 02:52 am Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

xandx wrote:
Yeah, thanks Q, fine job you did driving those MUA's to market, way to kick my ass, I'm gone to bed.

You ROCK Alex~!! Let's see what we can do about getting you a bonus. wink

Seriously, thanks man, thanks~!!

Nov 08 08 04:32 am Link

Model

Miss Teri Lynn

Houston, Texas, US

SJH photography wrote:
i have put this on a separate link so avoiding confusion here are a few of my proposals and thank you to q for the endorsements to them ,now we need the others to put there ideas forward also .

steve big_smile

1. Ok Craig has posted the link and I have sent you the link to post on your page yourself like I have posted on yours. ATTN: TEAM LEADERS If you would like me to send you the coding so you can also add this to the top of your personal page  ( as you may not be good with coding or with computers ) PM me and let me know and I'll be happy to send it to you. You can see my page and Steves page now for an example.

2. If all Team Leaders have noticed as Craig and I talked about all the boxes style of the front page we have taken much of that away. I have redone the coding so that virtually all of them are gone. I have kept some to separate important things from the others. As well as separate items from the main contest information. I think this is helpful to stress information. I can always play with it though. I think how we have it works. I do believe I now have all volunteers added and their names updated and spelled correctly. Check the test room for the newest update as that is what will appear on Monday with the winner.
- As far as the Rules- I think Craig is very good with keeping them very clear and articulate to understand. I think they are very reasonable.
This being said-
1. I dont think that collage photographs should be allowed as an entry, as it contains more than one photo, not level playing field entry.

3. Done. That has been done for a little over a week now. I had that for you the minute you were named Team Leader silly.We put you on the front page. I'll have your avi changed and updated  with new winner this week.

4. The only thing I want to add that Steve , Craig and I have all talked about. Even Benson agreed. I really think we need to add a weekday to the voting. Either add Friday or Monday. I think we need to come to an agreement on this an activate immediately. What say Thee??

Ok I think Ive check'd on everything mention'd. Find me online on IM- best way to catch me. smile

Nov 08 08 08:17 pm Link

Model

Miss Teri Lynn

Houston, Texas, US

Craig Seay wrote:
Dominic has been voted in unanimously, a rare occurrence in Top Drawer voting~!!

Let's take a moment to give Dominic a warm welcome.

Very Cool.Well done and CongratulationS!

Nov 08 08 08:19 pm Link

Model

miki kierulf

SJH photography wrote:
tell me about it , and i always thought thats why gmt was invented .
I mentioned 2100 (9pm ) as you over the other side of the puddle would be awake , i would be awake ,the only one it wouldnt suit is anyone like miki who is in front of me i think ,its so confusing .
And if others werent there, at work or at the pub i or in bed having an early nite (nudge nudge wink wink)  i would post banners to help,as for me thats early evening.
steve big_smile

thanks steve.. but i do not matter so much here so that is fine. but i think adding an extra day will really help. well, that's just my opinion.. as what we talked about.. this would be a good idea for more votes for the entrants for the said competitions.

Nov 08 08 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

xandx

Jamaica, New York, US

Re: Collages. Some have them as a composite on their site and when they post the image it comes over as a collage. Bigger images get looked at, collages make your images smaller and have less impact, so it's detrimental in terms of a contest like these where there is no larger version available to take a second look at; So, if you want to lessen your impact, post your composite. We can frown on the practice, as taken to extreme in the Pic of the Day contest, but The choice should be up to the artist.

We're not censors, we only try to keep the entries within the guidelines by notifying errant postings and flagging egrievious ones. We have no power here, the mods control the site. We've been thru this before, involving mods invite attention, do you really think those princesses like to kiss us toads?

The high and mighty take the road to ruin with the best of intentions in mind, can we not go that way?

RE: colors. We've done this before. Anyone remember the famous yellow background? Maybe this is what you have in mind...

https://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9506/mua110708bjj5.jpg

Names are gone in the background, and with black and the names in white the highlights of the names puts the images in second fiddle. The neutral gray used across the threads for the collages lets the pictures (of all hues and colors) stand forth. If you have a background color in mind, put it up, we'll give it a shout.

Re: Size and numbering. The folks with laptops complained about the width of the collage at 1024 pixels, so I've reduced it to 972pixels and havent got a complaint since, and numbering will be sequential, adding numbers before making the contact sheet resulted in the out of wack #'s, I now add them later to keep it in order and avoid mistakes.

Re: posting thumbs. MM puts a http://www.pic.com/mypic00xxx_m.jpg in it's filenames with the  _m.jpg indicating it's a thumbnail. When people post thumbs the assistants should know that all it takes is a quote and a simple edit to remove the _m from the image address to repost fullsize. I used to PM the code to them and ask them to edit the post, but that's waaay too much info, so just quote, correct and move on.

Re: Newbie of the week. Waaay too long, the recap should be done with smaller images, but since the community does'nt get to vote the thread is underviewed and this can be adjusted...

Re: Add Friday or monday as a vote day, not enough views on the weekends so when a thread is swamped there aren't enought votes to be meaningful; suggest delaying the vote on the MUA this week to monday so more can participate, (26 entries and

Nov 08 08 09:50 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Atelier Benson

Detroit, Michigan, US

To clarify, I think that having a weekday as a voting day is a grand idea. I do not think that it should be added. Three voting days would cause me to loose interest and the dilly dalliers might put voting off with an extra day and miss voting!. 5 days for posting 2 days for voting is good. Just push the days back one or bump them up one i.e Friday Saturday voting or Sunday Monday voting.

The collage looks excellent this week!

I understand the use of neutral gray. That was never a major issue! My issue was the black and white ( I saw it as highlighted gray) font Perhaps a bolder easier to read font with out so many blending options?

Well that's my dollar & 2 cents!

Nov 09 08 01:43 am Link

Photographer

SJH photography

Got to try and remember all this now lol .
Yes miki it does involve you hun and you are part of my team and i always ask for input from my group of co workers ,and will you still award the winning model her banner please , bit like a beauty queen handing her crown over big_smile

Alex you do an awesome job without any prompting whatsoever , whatever colour the others pick is fine with me ,and as you have said by keeping the pics smaller composites will not gain an unfair advantage ,as they have in other parts of the forum . the numbers and names work perfectly peeps have a choice of what to write . .and you are so correct about 26 entrants and only 20 votes so thats why i think a weekday is needed also .

i opted for a monday to be added and for the finishing time to be 2100 gmt .
reasons for this as stated before .
for me it would be 9pm .
1) People in the US would be at work  so could be voting while they work ,at college or just surfing the net .

2)Miki would be just a few hours untill she could inform the winner .

3)Any european voters would be about .

4)I see where benson is coming from regarding 2 days voting ie sun/mon but it wouldnt be a full day for US models ,and when they did return from work the winner would be there to view or would happen while on here .

5)I have noticed that we are all on the this site  at this time , craig is only a possible i know due to shooting , but i have seen terri ,benson, alex kicking about at this time , even miki sometimes when she is on her laptop in bed big_smile

6) If its a tad early for some i would have no problem posting banners for anybody  saving them any inconvenience then when they have time they could announce there count and announce the winner etc . i would just need the codes sending to me beforehand .

7) i do agree with terri regarding the boxiness has gone , but i do think the rules are worded a bit stuffy , why not use plainer english for the rules , we keep saying lets keep it fun , and i think embracing the rules written in a more fun way would help to endorse that fact ,as well as taking away anyones excuse by saying , oh thats what it means lol.
just my 2 cents worth .
steve big_smile

Nov 09 08 04:22 am Link

Model

miki kierulf

haha... i love you steve tongue

and also, if there is a problem with an image of the entrant, should i be better for people to inform the head of the so competition... or craig... rather than to CAM it right away... that's why we are here... to help each other hand in hand and not to show the MODS we are cry babies and run to them right away instead of talking to the people involved in the said competitions. let us try to save some respect for the people who leads the said competiton if that is ok....

ive got nothing against anyone here. im just a volunteer to help run a competition. im gonna follow and take 'orders'from craig or steve.

Nov 09 08 04:57 am Link

Photographer

xandx

Jamaica, New York, US

Re: shifting voting to Sunday/Monday cutoff at 9:00pm EST. I think making it midnight gets the west coast  (and the rest of the continental US) more involved as the cutoff there would be 8pm PST. Saturday was always an off day on the orig PoTD and the entries dropped even more the holiday weekends, so I'm all for moving the vote.

Re: The text in the collages. It's really the background grey-, blended and contoured, it's invisible otherwise on the background. I could color it, remove the shadow but I like keeping the Augie font to keep it uniquely MM in text style. (For those who don't have it at home, Augie is the truetype font used in the MM banner...)

Re: The prints. After doing this for 2 years there is something I'd like participants to do for me. 1st, send me your non-mm email. It's useful. I can request Hi-Rez images for large scale projects.

Participation in your neck of the woods. Research venues for a photo display, 24-60 prints 3'x6' lasting from 2days/2weeks/any for a showing of the PoTD and these other contests.

Wedding shots for the next big venue, Las Vegas WPPI. We have a hook in a big fish, lets thread gently here folks, sunny side over-please, don't break the yolk!
It's a wedding and portrait show so post your best images to the PoTD, lets make it a day this week, say Thursday.

Nov 09 08 11:25 am Link

Model

Miss Teri Lynn

Houston, Texas, US

xandx wrote:
Wedding shots for the next big venue, Las Vegas WPPI. We have a hook in a big fish, lets thread gently here folks, sunny side over-please, don't break the yolk!
It's a wedding and portrait show so post your best images to the PoTD, lets make it a day this week, say Thursday.

Alex have you run this past Tom yet? This sounds more like a concept shot of the day and not PoTD. I hope you have discussed this with Tom before requesting entries into a contest.

Nov 09 08 02:05 pm Link

Model

Miss Teri Lynn

Houston, Texas, US

miki kierulf wrote:
haha... i love you steve tongue

and also, if there is a problem with an image of the entrant, should i be better for people to inform the head of the so competition... or craig... rather than to CAM it right away... that's why we are here... to help each other hand in hand and not to show the MODS we are cry babies and run to them right away instead of talking to the people involved in the said competitions. let us try to save some respect for the people who leads the said competition if that is ok....

ive got nothing against anyone here. im just a volunteer to help run a competition. im gonna follow and take 'orders'from craig or steve.

Anytime an image has been CAM'd is due to a much larger issue. The Team Leader as well as Craig have always been involved. We need a mod involved for the support of the decision that WE have made as Team Mayhem and Craig has made to remove the image from the contest.

Because you want to keep the contest fun and the rules not so stiff this is what is happening. And because we are not watching everyday to see when models are changing or updating images it becomes too late. The composite is compiled and it is too late.

Any time you see that an entrant has posted images that are not full size then they need to be notified. I have sent a personal PM to every Model and Photographer this week with directions on how to post images. If you would like this template letter please PM me and I will be happy to share. We need to help them post their images so we can see them large scale to catch this early. If you are in question AT ALL then ask Craig.

Some models and photographers (you will see by number of posts) have never entered a contest before. Therefor do not know the rules. Almost every person I contacted had not read the rules. One knew it was an 18+ image but didnt know you couldnt post them. So I have had a great conversation helping them get to know MM. We need to help these people. Direct them to the right places if you dont have time.

I spent almost 3 hours yesterday just helping models repost images and explain how to do so. I also did coding for some for the first time so they would get the idea. This is what we need to do as team members for one another. If you see one, contact team leader, see if anyone has contacted that member and offer to do so if they dont have the time. Let's support each other across the three contests. I know I really need help until I get 2 dedicated volunteers on my team.

I hope this answers any questions or concerns. If not then please feel free to IM me or PM me. For those of you that have IM, it has been a tremendous help to communicate with everyone instead of going back and forth to PM. You can find me on Yahoo IM, [email protected]. If you dont use Yahoo I have aim but rarely use it, just let me know. Talk to you soon.

ATTN: We are extending the voting through Monday
https://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/mmvava/Team%20Mayhem/VOTEVOTEVOTE-1.jpg

Nov 09 08 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

fotoguy007

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Craig Seay wrote:
I'm planning to purge The LIST of inactive or dead profiles and I'll be approaching my LIST team for help with that so heads up everyone. wink

How about The Q rockin his contest with 27 entries this week?!!!! Awesome work Benson~!!

Have a great weekend everyone and team leaders please don't hesitate to call me if I can be of assistance.

~Craig

Craig,
I have been keping a "Completed" list of the members that I have PM'ed about sending current e-mail addresses to Yancy, I have come across a fair amount of profiles that are no longer in use. I will PM those to you, it may make the job a bit easier smile
John

Nov 09 08 02:43 pm Link

Model

Miss Teri Lynn

Houston, Texas, US

Nov 09 08 04:38 pm Link

Model

Miss Teri Lynn

Houston, Texas, US

I do want to recognize all the hard work of our Team Leaders and the wonderful amount and quality entries. Even while dealing with so much last week Steve had a wonderful 20+ models enter. Benson this week as well has 20+. What a great job!

Nov 09 08 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

SJH photography

Miss Teri Lynn wrote:
Consensus says: the All of us Agree that MONDAY needs to be added to the VOTING days.
The question now up for VOTE is do we keep Saturday in the Vote?

1. Should Voting begin Saturday or Sunday?
2. When should voting end on Monday?

i am  easy ( yes that way as well  big_smile  )when the votes starts  howabout  3pm mid afternoon saturday then the 9pm monday so its still only just over 2 days voting in length , but we are including a weekday also whats you guys say ?
steve

Nov 09 08 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

https://www.pbase.com/cseayphotography/image/105763833/original.jpg

First I'd like to congratulate all our Team Mayhem members for the awesome work that it being done to empower our MM community with positive creative energy. You guys are Rockin' it~!!

Next, I'd like to give you my thoughts on volunteer work. To volunteer for a job or position in our Team Mayhem member threads we should realize that the task we are volunteering for, may or may not be right for us or the thread we desire to work in. Therefore, I would like for all volunteer positions to be probationary for 30 days. Anytime during or after the probation period a volunteer may be asked to re-assign, or if necessary, based upon work ethic/behavior, a volunteer may even be removed from Team Mayhem. One thing we cannot and will not tolerate in Team Mayhem is negative energy, no matter what form it takes. We are here to create and insure a positive and fun MM experience wherever we represent as "Team Mayhem". Nuf said bout that. wink

Also, we have been kicking around the idea of shifting our 2 days of voting to include a week day. Today we are voting until 11pm EST, and if this works out well for everyone we will make it official and shift our vote days to Sunday and Monday each week. I'd like to hear from Steve and Benson sometime tomorrow on how this played out for your competitions. Thanks guys.

Also, I have temporarily re-assigned myself to directly oversee the MM Photographer of the Week competition.
Teri Lynn is no longer a Team Mayhem member. I will be scouting a new Team Leader for this competition.

Finally, lets do all we can to "get out the votes" today. Thanks everyone~!!

~Craig

Nov 10 08 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

xandx

Jamaica, New York, US

Question: Do we move the submission start day also, to recognize that we haven't said anything about that? I know the original idea was 5 days subs and 2 days voting, should we discourage subs on mondays when its the first day back to work for many participants?

Nov 10 08 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

xandx wrote:
Question: Do we move the submission start day also, to recognize that we haven't said anything about that? I know the original idea was 5 days subs and 2 days voting, should we discourage subs on mondays when its the first day back to work for many participants?

Yes, we should have submissions start on Tuesdays if we stay with Mondays being a vote day. I'll change up the red/green banner as well.

In the Potw, those who have submitted entries today will be bumped forward tomorrow. The same will be true for Benson's and Steve's contests but they are free to do whatever they want in regards to allowing or disallowing submissions.

Nov 10 08 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Kelcher

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Voting through Monday?  Even ACORN couldn't have come up with a better idea to get votes.  Good idea!

Nov 10 08 05:00 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Mikes Images - Mike #4 wrote:
Voting through Monday?  Even ACORN couldn't have come up with a better idea to get votes.  Good idea!

ACORN???

Nov 10 08 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

SJH photography

Craig Seay wrote:
In the Potw, those who have submitted entries today will be bumped forward tomorrow. The same will be true for Benson's and Steve's contests but they are free to do whatever they want in regards to allowing or disallowing submissions.

ooops sorry about that craig , your never normally about at this time thought i would just help out ,doh is an understatement sorry for intruding , going to stand in a corner now big_smile
   silly stupid , pathetic question now .
will somebody please explain  est , pst and all the others , sorry i am a thick photographer , who works on the  GMT (greenwich mean time) like the rest of the world ( well +/- gmt), how many hours am i in front of you guys please tell me its 2228 at this moment in time here on monday 10 november ( had to write nov as you lot dont write it like us WE write day/month/year not month  day year , i only have 3 cells in my head tongue

ps i think it should read ' A CORN '

Nov 10 08 05:19 pm Link