Forums > Model Colloquy > Sty on my right eye

Model

MULIKA

London, England, United Kingdom

This really sucks, I have back to back shoots planned and what goes and happens? I wake up and my right eye is huge. I have a sty/infection/bleughness!! Just got back from the chemist and have me some eyedrop but the dull pain is still present and it (the huge sty) seems to just keep getting bigger. I am now going to have to engage the aid of sunglasses. TG its actually sunny outside. lol

Jokes beside, don't you just hate it when you have a gig and a sty/psorasis/black heads/conjuctivitis rears its ugly face tongue

Jun 29 05 06:40 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Yeah, wear the shades and just have them focus on your leeeeeeggggggggggssssss!!!! smile

Jun 29 05 07:32 am Link

Model

Shayuma

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Ohh I hope that it clears up soon for ya hun. Did you get it from a MUA? Make sure you wash your hands often so that you do not spread it

Jun 29 05 09:27 am Link

Model

Sheena

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

Oh gosh that sucks...I really hope it clears up for you and goodluck with the shoots...and yes im sure we all have had those days...my face is prone to breakouts...i've woken up many a times with a huge pimple on my chin or nose...=\....sucks!

Jun 29 05 09:32 am Link

Model

MULIKA

Posted by Aaron_H: 
Yeah, wear the shades and just have them focus on your leeeeeeggggggggggssssss!!!! smile

You seriously buss me up. This is normally a good thing but right now laughing only makes my eye hurt more! lol

xx

Jun 29 05 10:34 am Link

Model

MULIKA

Posted by Shayuma: 
Ohh I hope that it clears up soon for ya hun. Did you get it from a MUA? Make sure you wash your hands often so that you do not spread it

Oh No!

I am hoping this is not make-up related...I am glad I am not the only one with the MUA paranoia. Infected or dirty equipment is wrong!

Yo-yo tayler has to be the most hygenically astute. As she finished is as she commences kit cleaning. It really feels me with  a lot of confidence when I see that.

Also have to avoid wearing contacts with the eyedrops, which is going to be a shooting issue as well.

Jun 29 05 10:39 am Link

Model

Leah

San Jose, California, US

I had a stye two weeks ago and I had filming to do! Ugh! It annoyed me more than anything, but it went away that day. I guess I lucked out!

Jun 29 05 10:39 am Link

Model

MULIKA

Sheena, you have such good skin though anyway:)

Jun 29 05 10:40 am Link

Model

MULIKA

Posted by Leah: 
I had a stye two weeks ago and I had filming to do! Ugh! It annoyed me more than anything, but it went away that day. I guess I lucked out!

Hello there new friend wink What was the filming for?

Jun 29 05 10:43 am Link

Photographer

RyanH

Athens-Clarke, Georgia, US

At least in the US they have taken all the effective sty treatments off the market (perscription and over the counter).  Which really sucks.

Jun 29 05 11:33 am Link

Model

Jessika Rae

Akron, Ohio, US

Also I found that making sure your make-up is off when you go to bed will help reduce the chance of stys.  Of course it's just one thing you can do to prevent it.  I also know that replacing your make-up every 6 months I think, could be 3 for eye make-up not completely sure but to replace it nonetheless is also a good way to prevent stys and infection.

Most of that you probably knew, but in case someone else runs across this thread that might not have known. 

Good luck in your shoots to come, you've very beautiful.  Keep up the good work!
-Jessika

Jun 29 05 11:40 am Link

Model

MULIKA

@ ryan, can you give me any generic names to go by?

@ jessika, thanks for your comment. p.s I adore librans and yes, they are v.balanced. Good luck in all you do xx

Jun 29 05 12:54 pm Link

Model

Liz Neal (supasta)

San Diego, California, US

Had a similar situation this winter, had an allergic reaction to anti wrinkle cream, then had an allergic reaction the the ointment they gave me for the allergic reaction. I finally had to suck it up and not wear anything on my face for a few days and it cleared right up

Jun 29 05 04:34 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I got my first eye infection ever late last year, caused by some old eye shadow used as liner.  I pretty much threw away everything I thought might be contaminated, went to the doc's and got on some eyedrops, and then everything was fine after a week or so.

Hope you don't have a ton of shoots anytime really soon!

Jun 29 05 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

oops! sorry smile

Jun 30 05 04:12 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Photoshop cures all!!

Jun 30 05 04:19 am Link

Model

RyanMitchell

Belchertown, Massachusetts, US

Not just photoshop, but did you know there is a way to cure a sty/infection in your eye faster? take a teabag, and put it into hot water and let it steep for a while (until the color come out of it). then, place it on your eye for an hour or so. it will draw the stuff out of your eye, and can even cure a sty within 12 hours or sooner. Good luck!

Jun 30 05 05:56 am Link

Model

MULIKA

Sty update!!!

Okay, woke up this morning and it was no worse. Or better! Keeping on with the eyedrops but have just had a call from a friend advising me to rub GOLD on it. Found some earings and have rubbed it on.

@ryan - I am going to combine the eyedrops, gold rubbing and teabag soaking. The pressure, teh result of the engorged eye, was so bad last night that i had a thumping head and went to sleep crying!

@ josie - I have a TON of shoots and filming!!!

Off to boil the kettle.....

Jun 30 05 07:00 am Link

Model

MULIKA

also cannot go to castings or auditions and had to cancel my teaching class tonight because wearing sunglasses whilst leading a workshop is just plain silly. lol

kettle's boiled....hope I don't scald my fffing eye!!

Jun 30 05 07:01 am Link

Model

Chaotika

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I feel you- I have several shoots over the next few days and what do i get- a big zit on my chin tongue
I hope that it gets better soon sad poor girlie!
xoxox
~C~

Jun 30 05 07:05 am Link

Model

MULIKA

Posted by Chaotika: 
I feel you- I have several shoots over the next few days and what do i get- a big zit on my chin tongue
xoxox
~C~

whatever you do - do not trouble it! You got any tea tree oil about the house?

Jun 30 05 07:09 am Link

Photographer

George Butler

Marietta, Georgia, US

Posted by Chaotika: 
xoxox
~C~

Windex, it worked in My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Jun 30 05 07:13 am Link

Photographer

Mystic 7

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Witch hazel and rubbing alcohol. Watch it come to a head and burst before your very eye ;-)

Or, you can shoot with me this weekend. I've got a major toothache, so we can bitch to each other :-(

Jun 30 05 09:01 am Link

Model

Jin

Martinsburg, West Virginia, US

Just have them shoot the other side of your face.  LOL  Yea, make-up tools need to be CLEANED.  I too am paranoid about that kind of stuff.

Jun 30 05 09:04 am Link

Model

tiffany lynn

Irwin, Pennsylvania, US

my mom always has me rub a gold ring across a stye and for some reason it works and gets rid of the stye rub it back and forth across the stye.

Jun 30 05 10:03 am Link

Model

Michelle West2

San Diego, California, US

I used to get stys often and it was so annoying; I felt ugmo.
What always helped me was taking a hot rag and placing it over my eye. Not so hot that it would burn me but hot enough so that I could bare it.
This helps "pop" the sty so that the swolleness of the sty will go down. Wtvr you do dont put your fingers in your eye to pop it.
Hope you get better.

Jul 01 05 01:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ryokrea

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

Posted by RyanMitchell: 
Not just photoshop, but did you know there is a way to cure a sty/infection in your eye faster? take a teabag, and put it into hot water and let it steep for a while (until the color come out of it). then, place it on your eye for an hour or so. it will draw the stuff out of your eye, and can even cure a sty within 12 hours or sooner. Good luck!

YES, THIS WORKS SO WELL! I do the same, only I just dip a cottonball in the tea and hold it on the stye for a few minutes several times a day, and it heals soo fast.

Jul 02 05 06:10 pm Link

Model

Marissa

Centereach, New York, US

that really stinks that happened to your eye just before your jobs!! lucky for you every one else knows how to cure them....good luck with everything : )

Jul 02 05 09:33 pm Link