Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Rhinestone or Crystal Pieces

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Hamza wrote:

LMAO
When I recreate the image w/o using photoshop, using soft filters combined with high-power lights and only using a small aperture, then you will pay me $1,200.00

If I fail(highly unlikely), then I will give you the $1,200.00

As for the judges, we'll pick 3 random people from the street...

I'll be in Texas this summer, I'm game if you are...

I'm not digging the three random people from the street as judges. big_smile  Can we get some qualified judges? 

And if you're going to be in Texas, am I going to have to do the makeup? LOL

Mar 19 06 10:45 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Mar 19 06 10:45 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Miss Anthropy wrote:
I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings, I was just giving you the benefit of my advice. Telling me that you plan to drop money on tacky crap hurts MY feelings. If you want to look like a disco ball that's fine by me. It's just that it's my JOB to not let people look bad for photographs so the habit is kind of hard to break. As long as you're happy with it, Carry On...But ask yourself what I have to gain here. I'm not a sadist that likes making people feel bad and I'm not going to be taking your money to make the thing. I'm just trying to give you a nickle's worth of free advice to wear something that will better suit your body. this is officially no longer worth my time. I wouldn't style you OR the type of shoot you're doing without Pay and that's only because I'm not established enough to turn down a paying gig. Fly away little cherub...

When someone pays you dear, they will be paying you for your time in finding them (the client) what they want.  Not what you think they need.  At least. . .that's what I would be paying a wardrobe stylist for.  If the client wants a Lime Green Mumu, that's what they are paying you to find. . .no matter how "tacky" YOU may think it is.  In other words, by your own admission you are a long ways away from being paid for your "expert" opinion (see bold print above).  Perhaps you should go on to college and get a degree in Communications and become an Image Consultant. . .since you aparently like to tell people what to wear and what to do.  But that's just my two cents of advice to you.

But wait. . .you're done with this thread.  I just wasted all that good typing.  Damn!  *LOL*

Mar 19 06 11:23 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Ashley Elizabeth wrote:
So you'll pay me $1200 if you cannot recreate that image with no PS?  I'm not talking about just the sparkle.  And who will judge the image?  This sounds like a great deal to me. smile

Hamza wrote:
LMAO
When I recreate the image w/o using photoshop, using soft filters combined with high-power lights and only using a small aperture, then you will pay me $1,200.00

If I fail(highly unlikely), then I will give you the $1,200.00

As for the judges, we'll pick 3 random people from the street...

I'll be in Texas this summer, I'm game if you are...

Emm. . .I have a question. . .whom will be photographed???

Mar 19 06 11:26 pm Link