Model

Jodie Lyons

I am just posting this because I am trying to get a job at M.A.C. and I was wondering if anyone knows how much they start their employees at if you work in say, Nordstrom. Also what kinds of training and or discounts,, let me know if you can! Thanks!!

Mar 19 06 12:02 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Makeup by Jessica

Dallas, Texas, US

I worked for MAC at Nordstrom's in Texas and they pay all of their sales associates(which is what you would be, not a MUA) 12.50 plus commission. You do free makeup. MY mistake was I did alot of makeup, and at the end of the day, my sales were alot less than everyone elses. WTF!  You bust your ass. You follow Nordstrom's policies and procedures. Get Nordstrom's benefits. Let me explain how it works. If you work at a MAC store or any other department store for MAC you work for MAC. MAC policies and procedures. Get MAC benefits. MAC is a leased area in every other department store EXCEPT Nordstroms. If you want to be a MUA, work somewhere else. Somewhere you are a MAC employee. As a MAC employee they pay...keep in mind I live in Texas...11-18 dollars an hour. I have friend in Management who are making 40,000 plus.

Now if you want to be a freelance artist for MAC they pay 15-17 dollars an hour. You work when they need you. You do weekend events. It's a great way to practice your craft. If you are a reliable person, they will call you often. You can work up to 30 hours a week. I booked alot of weddings this way. Also, if the people at the counters get to know you and your talent they will always refer you if a job comes up they can not do.

Hope this helps!

Mar 19 06 03:50 pm Link

Makeup Artist

divas touch

Miami, Florida, US

Hello;

I currently work with M.A.C but I started higher than the normal rate of $12 an hour, I work at Macy's in Miami I do not know if Nords. pay's more. Myspace has a M.A.C. makeup artist site snoop around in there and see what's the norm. I only work 20 hrs which gives me some freedom. Hope I helped. I get 60% off on products + freebies

Bye
Madeline-Vicky

Mar 19 06 05:53 pm Link