Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Candian members

Photographer

Rik Bowman

Taos, New Mexico, US

Tell me about where and the cost of living in Canada.

We're thinking of moving there (please spare the 'i'm headin for the hills from America comments ;P )

We are really considering buying land up in Canada.

Rik

Apr 16 05 05:24 pm Link

Model

Tanya O

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

If you're considering moving to Ontario (and the Greater Toronto Area) Living can get very expensive, especially around downtown Toronto. However, cities like Guelph and St.Catherines are a short train ride away from TO and are much more affordable. I don't know about other provinces, being from the GTA. smile

I however, am in love with Toronto. smile It's my favourite place to be.

Apr 16 05 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

Masha

San Jose, California, US

better yet, tell us more about where it is legal to smoke the ganj.

Apr 17 05 06:04 am Link

Model

Tanya O

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted by pitythestupid: 
better yet, tell us more about where it is legal to smoke the ganj.

Ontario, sort of. It's not entirely legal. If you have more than a dime on you, you can be charged for trafficking.

Apr 17 05 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Elemental Photo

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Well, I doubt you would be moving down to Nova Scotia, where I am, but it's fairly cheap down here. I live in the provinical capital(ha ha like it's so huge), and a nice heritage house downtown runs something like $300,000 to $500,000, but a new house outside the city is around $150,00 or something. *sigh* I want a house...with a giant studio....

Apr 18 05 09:12 am Link

Photographer

House of DL

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I am in the Capital of Canada, Ottawa Ont. . You can get a decent house starting at about $160,000.00 but the prices keep rising.  But having lived in mant cities across Canada, I must say Ottawa is one of the most beautifully kept city, clean and lots of services to the public. If you go a little further north - west of here - the housing is less expensive.

Apr 18 05 09:22 am Link

Model

Amabelle

Toronto, Iowa, US

I'm in the Scarborough area of Toronto,which is decent living.    Scarborough is about 20 minute drive to Downtown Toronto. The buses and trains run frequently throughout the day and alot of people end up just taking the subway because it's a lot cheaper than driving (parking is expensive in downtown Toronto).  But all the action is there so it's convenient if you live in the downtown Toronto.  I have no problems travelling though since it's not too far.

Apr 18 05 05:21 pm Link