Forums > Critique > Photo bashing is a phase.........

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Jun 29 05 10:38 pm Link

Photographer

Dan RI

Providence, Rhode Island, US

Okay you asked.

I find images of celebrities like that to be sad attempts at trying to look good.   They are just bad shots.  One shot of the set is enough to know that a movie came to your town.  Anyone who knows movie sets could care less.  I do not understand who do you expect to impress.   The images of Cruise look terrible,  really terrible.  What did you do during upload?
When you look around at the work of others on sites like this one,  What do you think?

1 Cruise shot at most and fix it so at least it looks good.
1 set shot.
not the group shot of the Baseball team,  Try to get pics of the kids having fun.
The model shots should stay but need improvement.

You seem like a wonderful person with a great heart.  Take photos that show that to the viewer.   There is much better in you.

That is giving it to you straight.

Jun 30 05 11:09 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Photo bashing is a phase.........

No it is not,  your work is terrible.

Jun 30 05 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Jun 30 05 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Peter Dattolo: 
MDF thanks and i agree the tom cruise and the others look terrible but i have to resize them for the site. Resizing them definetly does them no justice. These are not the best ones either but I am limited to what i can post online.
The tom cruise i am selling so they will be down in about 2 weeks anyways as well as the building photos.
Everybody is entitled to thier opinion Jack, I am working on getting different photos up.
Just be clear on the fact that the photos are bad on my part not the models.

You've got to tell us where you get your drugs...

Jun 30 05 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

I said your work not the models nor the buildings nor the fans of Tom C nor Tom C. 

Your reading comprehension is terrible also.

Jun 30 05 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

I get the feeling this thread would be much more fun if he hadn't deleted his comments and his photos

Jul 01 05 07:26 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Posted by Aaron_H: 
I get the feeling this thread would be much more fun if he hadn't deleted his comments and his photos

Yes,  but his one shot is an improvement.   I usually think the statement is poop,  but in this case LESS is MORE.  Wise choice.

Jul 01 05 07:33 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

He's still trying to upload 5 photos of the same poorly lit model in the same outfit on the same set with the same poses. He still doesn't get it.

Just post the best one of each look.

Wow...this may be a long phase for him.

Jul 01 05 12:22 pm Link

Model

Just Cat

Santa Barbara, California, US

Someone might need to grab the squirt bottle Jack is being wily again. wink

Jul 03 05 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

I just did some reediting of the ones i had, they were not edited before. I am working on some of the others but it will take a little time to find and edit.
I took some of the advice i got and removed some and worked on them a bit.
I removed my comments because people will get the wrong idea about me if i left them, i made some comments i should not have.
I am working on new pics and they will be up as i finish them. I asked for critique and I am using that to try and improve, thats what it is for.

Jul 04 05 11:49 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Posted by Peter Dattolo: 
I just did some reediting of the ones i had, they were not edited before. I am working on some of the others but it will take a little time to find and edit.
I removed my comments because people will get the wrong idea about me if i left them, i made some comments i should not have.
I am working on new pics and they will be up as i finish them. I asked for critique and I am using that to try and improve, thats what it is for.

Much improved,  you are not a supreme being like me but you have evolved out of being a bug.   Keep working and keep learning as all of you humans must do.

Jul 04 05 11:52 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Peter Dattolo: 

You are off to a much better start now...

Jul 04 05 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

Posted by Peter Dattolo: 

Much improved,  you are not a supreme being like me but you have evolved out of being a bug.   Keep working and keep learning as all of you humans must do.

If you're such a supreme being, how did you hurt yourself??  Tsk, tsk..  And to think I even paid well wishes to you in the off topic section..  Hurt paw, no dent in smugness....   *shakes head*

Jul 04 05 01:32 pm Link