Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > stylists and forums

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Just out of interest when you comment on the photographer or models forum do you expect for us to get upset?

More and more I get the vibe from this forum of this is for STYLISTS why are you here? I see posts like, "this is the stylists forum after all." You dn't see that from the photographers and models. The point of forums is to share with one another, if you want to share only with other stylists, start a mass email chain.

In fact the description of the forum is not that it is for stylists only. I hate the elite mentality that people can get. The idea of his and hers, mine and yours, us and them.

Just so you know, there is only sematics, not sides. There is no such thing as an absolute wink

The description for this forum is:
Stylist Chat
For makeup, hair, or wardrobe specific discussion.

It is not
Stylist Chat
for stylists only, all others keep out

Mar 22 06 12:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Picture Perfect Makeup

Hesperia, California, US

I think I missed something...

I've personally enjoyed forum hopping as I'm into photography, interested in what the models are up to, and thrilled to have the stylist chat area... never thought it was for stylists, models or photographers only.

Being creative people many of us do more than one thing...

Star, I think your work ROCKS! I've admired it for a long time. If you need any stylist input/info please feel free to ask.

~Warmly, Pam

Mar 22 06 05:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

Star wrote:
Just out of interest when you comment on the photographer or models forum do you expect for us to get upset?

More and more I get the vibe from this forum of this is for STYLISTS why are you here? I see posts like, "this is the stylists forum after all." You dn't see that from the photographers and models. The point of forums is to share with one another, if you want to share only with other stylists, start a mass email chain.

In fact the description of the forum is not that it is for stylists only. I hate the elite mentality that people can get. The idea of his and hers, mine and yours, us and them.

Just so you know, there is only sematics, not sides. There is no such thing as an absolute wink

The description for this forum is:
Stylist Chat
For makeup, hair, or wardrobe specific discussion.

It is not
Stylist Chat
for stylists only, all others keep out

I don't think anyone minds that photographers and model enter into conversations here, the issue for me is when photographers that have no clue what an artist even does (never worked with a real professional artist) pretends to know all about what we should and shouldn't do in the makeup department . 

Giving input on the stylist forum from a photographers point of view is great, if you're a working photographer that has some idea of what an artist does....unfortunatelty a great deal of people on this forum models and photographers have never even been on a set with a pro...they have tested with new artists but that doesnt give them a real picture of what happens on a professional set.  Usually the advice they give is so off the mark I'm not sure if I should  laugh or cry.

So the bottom line is, I'll speak for myself only....I welcome pros in the business giving their opinion on stylist subjects.  The others that really just come over to interject a smart ass comment now and then I personally don't have much use for

Mar 22 06 09:19 pm Link