Forums > Critique > Comments and Makeup advice...

Model

Shelly Rae

Dallas, Georgia, US

I'm not normally one to do this, but the section is here, so why not.  I would love some critiques of my photos...in particular, what is lacking in my profile?  I've got some shoots lined up and all of the photographers ask what I need in my portfolio.  Any suggestions?  I was thinking more outdoor shots, maybe underwater...what else? 

I was also needing some help with my makeup.  I have hooded eyelids.  If I wear dark eye makeup, you can't see my eyelashes at all and I end up looking manly.  Fake eyelashes are also made difficult with my lids.  If I don't wear shadow on the top, I look unbalanced and like something is missing.  Any suggestions on alternatives?

Jun 30 05 12:59 pm Link

Model

Shelly Rae

Dallas, Georgia, US

What?  No critiques??  I guess I must already be perfect tongue

(jk)

Jul 01 05 04:56 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

OK, looked at your pictures and your makeup looks the best in the images from row two.  Suggestion:  Try a light almost garish color on the lid. Ex: yellow, lime, peach-orange.  Make sure it is matte. Then for any skin you want to have recede, use a med to dark tone.  Again matte. Use a high light color only under the arch .  Here is the thinking, light expands, dark detracts.  As you blink the colors start to blend into one another.  As this happens you can add a bit more light color to your lid. You'll be amazed how the lid will pop. You want to design your eye in an oval shape going vertically on a slight angle outward.  Don't worry about blending that much.  When your done then blend the colors together with an all over light to med color and a light hand.  No liner.  Place a few(3) induvidual lashes on the ends and use a brown mascara.  Make sure your brows are well groomed too.  Hope this helps.  Rick

Jul 01 05 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

joe duerr

Santa Ana, California, US

Look at some of the photographers work on this site. When you find one that knocks your socks off shoot with them. Tell your husband to put the camera away. Sorry you asked.

Jul 01 05 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Your portfolio is all over the place.

You need to look at a photo and ask "why?"

If there is no answer, get rid of it.

For example, the best photographed work in your port is you in bodypaint, but if I ask why, there is no answer other than someone had some time to do it.

Jul 02 05 07:21 am Link