Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > MUA school in South Florida

Makeup Artist

Melissa Rachelle

Miami, Florida, US

Any MUAs on MM attended Cosmix School of Makeup Artistry in South Florida, do you know someone who did, or have you ever heard anything about it?

Can any pro MUAs go to their site and tell me what they think of the curriculum?  Here's the site:

cosmixinc.com

I'm debating on whether or not I should attend.

Thanks Much!
Melissa

Mar 22 06 09:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Melissa Rachelle

Miami, Florida, US

can some pro MUAs please tell me what they think of the curriculum?  Which classes I should take etc.

cosmixinc.com

Mar 23 06 10:40 am Link

Makeup Artist

BeautifulBrush

I dont know about the school you are interested in, although I do know a great Make-up school in Central Florida, Joe Blasco MU School.  I actually graduated from that school a few years ago.  I also know a lot of other sucessful MUA that have went to Joe Blasco.  It is a very credited school and you should check out the website. www.joeblasco.com.  Good luck!

Mar 26 06 09:50 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Do not think you need school.  You are beyond that.   Assist with someone,  do it yourself and work you way up.

I really do not see how a school would help you much at this point.

Seminars with selected pros maybe but not a school that is more for the clueless.

Edit... If you want to learn something then expand your knowledge and hire a professional working hair stylist or clothing stylist to show you that option in case someone cancels or cannot afford the additional crew.
Your makeup seems beyond the basic school.   Money better spent on your supplies and marketing to work with photographers or just money so that you can afford to test more.

but I am not a makeup artist.

Mar 26 06 10:00 pm Link

Model

Vickie

Pompano Beach, Florida, US

I don't have personal experience, but attending there is on my "to do" list and I've heard great things about it from a couple of MUAs.  After I finish a couple of their programs, then I intend to go to a few Makeup workshops given by established MUAs + work with some that I know + good photogs.  Good luck! 

Vickie

Melissa Rachelle wrote:
Any MUAs on MM attended Cosmix School of Makeup Artistry in South Florida, do you know someone who did, or have you ever heard anything about it?

Can any pro MUAs go to their site and tell me what they think of the curriculum?  Here's the site:

cosmixinc.com

I'm debating on whether or not I should attend.

Thanks Much!
Melissa

Mar 26 06 10:01 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

I agree that assisting a good artist is the best way to learn.  Private tutoring on just what you need to learn seems more effeciant to me especially if you already know the basics.  Try www.Makeuplessons.com for private tutoring, I started this site because people need options to school.  School isn't for everyone.

Mar 26 06 11:25 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

I agree with Mary.  Use resources that are more high end and more industry connected then a school.

Schools are nice but your skills are beyond what a school can provide.  Your time and money is better spent elsewhere.   You can go to school and be forced to do it.

But if you do not really want it then school will just be a single shinning moment.
If you would excel in school then likely you do not even need it much.
not at your skill level anyway.

We all need to continue learning but do not think giving money to people who really do not work in the industry is your answer.

Mar 27 06 12:06 am Link

Makeup Artist

Melissa Rachelle

Miami, Florida, US

Thanks everybody.  I've been trying to find MUAs that I could assist in Miami but I've been having a hard time finding one.  I am also listed on makeuplessons.com to assist but have not gotten any responses as of yet.  There also aren't any MUAs in Florida listed on Makeuplessons.com.  If anyone knows of a great MUA in Miami who is currently looking for an assistant let me know.

Thanks Much,
Melissa

Mar 27 06 01:18 pm Link