Forums > Critique > tell me, am i going to be a starving artist...

Photographer

tanya k

Brooklyn, New York, US

i need people to pick apart my work! hold not a thing back, i don't want a "yeah it's cool" or "i don't care for that one"- give it to me, i'm not scared. I think i'm doing ok, but i want all my weak points to be brought to my attention. so if you got some time check out my site at http://www.tanyakechichian.com and plus i have new stuff on here that is not yet up on my site. thanks. ciao.

Jun 30 05 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Sharp Chicago

Chicago, Illinois, US

I just took a look through your gallery. I think you are a very talented and creative photographer. Your photography is concept driven, meaning that your photography is a reflection of ideas and not cheap gimmicks. Very nice work.

Jun 30 05 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

Filipe Marques

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

OK. I'm returning the favor.....

The couple in the tree. That's your weakest shot. If you had to pull any of 'em, it's that one. The projection shots. It's a great concept, but needs to be refined or tweeked. Also, and this is not an attack, I see two different portfolios there. There is an apparent line between the top two rows and the bottom two rows. There's nothing wrong with a broad style. Just have  more than one book. It means you can work for a broader client base. Your avatar photo is my fav. I think you have something there that makes you stand out. I wouldn't be suprised if that style is your money maker.

Jun 30 05 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

I love your work. It speaks volumes about your creativity and your imagination. I have no advice other then to keep shooting. You shoot fashion well and your work looks alot like the fashion editorial spreads found in publications. So if you starve, it'll be your own fault!

Jun 30 05 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Sharp Chicago

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by Filipe Marques: 
OK. I'm returning the favor.....

The couple in the tree. That's your weakest shot. If you had to pull any of 'em, it's that one.

I agree with this comment. Even though the couple in the tree is nice, it doesn't carry the creative punch of your other shots.

Jun 30 05 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Siu

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Maybe if the tree photo were Black and White . . .  I like the projector images although too many takes away from the uniqueness of the concept.  I like the staged voyeuristic image and style.   Very good work.

Jul 04 05 12:35 am Link