Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Has anyone tried....

Makeup Artist

K E O

Houston, Texas, US

...the La Femme pressed eyeshadow from www.makeupmania.com?
If anyone has please let me know what you would say they are comparable to, and if they have decent pigmentation.

Thanks,
Charissa

Mar 24 06 10:25 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

Los Angeles, California, US

I've used them- I'd say almost every major MUA in LA has had them in thier kit at some point (or still do). They are a good reliable standby (you have to layer for intensity) and that build-your-own-palette at makeupmania is awesome (that's a japonesque palette- you can put mac shadows etc. in there).

Mar 24 06 10:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

K E O

Houston, Texas, US

Jessica Steele wrote:
I've used them- I'd say almost every major MUA in LA has had them in thier kit at some point (or still do). They are a good reliable standby (you have to layer for intensity) and that build-your-own-palette at makeupmania is awesome (that's a japonesque palette- you can put mac shadows etc. in there).

Thanks so much Jessica. I have mainly Mac,Ben Nye,Nars and MUFE in my kit with a few others here and there. My friend swares to the La Femme but I am actually getting them for my niece I am building her a kit. I am impressed by the price..so I am going to go for it.

Charissa

Mar 24 06 10:40 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

I have a few LaFemme.  I don't carry them in my kit anymore simply to save room as I have waaaaay too many eyeshadows.  The quality is great for the price though.  I definetly recommend getting a few colors.  But I've heard horrible things about ordering from www.makeupmania.com

Ashley

Mar 25 06 10:52 am Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

Los Angeles, California, US

Ashley Elizabeth wrote:
I have a few LaFemme.  I don't carry them in my kit anymore simply to save room as I have waaaaay too many eyeshadows.  The quality is great for the price though.  I definetly recommend getting a few colors.  But I've heard horrible things about ordering from www.makeupmania.com

Ashley

What did you hear? I haven't ordered from them, but I've considered it. If you don't want to say here will you write to me and tell?

Mar 25 06 02:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Mar 25 06 03:19 pm Link