Forums > Critique > What do you guys think of my new stuff?

Model

jessicaclaire

Detroit, Alabama, US

What do you guys think of my new stuff?

Jul 01 05 09:26 am Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

MORRISDALE, Pennsylvania, US

I love the quirky "make a face" photo. It shows a lot of neat stuff:
a) you're really pretty no matter what you're doing
b) you're flexible (and I mean "emotionally flexible" not just "your lips are flexible")

I think that you've got a strong-looking portfolio there! It shows a mix of different moods and shows you're adaptable and capable. Darned good!

mjr.

Jul 01 05 09:35 am Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Posted by jessicaclaire: 

You are HOTTTTTT!!!! I would totally do TFP with you if you weren't so far away. Bummer!!

GWC!

Jul 01 05 09:40 am Link

Photographer

Ed Nazarko

Lebanon, New Jersey, US

Posted by jessicaclaire: 

You look great, know how to pose, and all the normal stuff.  LIke Marcus, what grabs me is that you've got a few images there that show range - that you can show more than three expressions with your face.  You've even got a couple where you show physical range, where you're doing something with your body besides a stock standard pose.

I've noticed that the portfolios that grab me and grab me hard are where in the 20 shots, I see that there are few physical or emotional limits.  Like the make a face shot.  Can the person look good, graceful, genuine, and connect with the viewer in anger, playfulness, craziness, sorrow.  And does each of them look different.  (Extreme acting test: sorrow, sadness, unhappiness, glum.  All should look different.  But for a lot of folks, it's hard to make happiness and sadness look different.) 

You've got a couple in there, but about 2/3 of the shots are within a narrow range.  if you've got range, flaunt it!  That makes you WAY different, and able to work in a ton more situations.

Jul 01 05 10:10 am Link

Model

jessicaclaire

Detroit, Alabama, US

I just did a shoot that should be very intersting. I am awaiting back the pictures. I am honestly more interested in acting vs. modeling... so perhaps that is why I am able to convey emotion through film?

Jul 01 05 01:17 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Great photos.  You remind me a bit of a younger Amanda Jilesse.

Jul 02 05 11:42 pm Link