Model

Carmilla

Highland, California, US

Would posting a picture with no make-up on be a good idea? Would it be at all helpful to potential photographers and MUA's? Hopefully I posted this in the right place...

Mar 27 06 01:53 am Link

Photographer

NinoRoy

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

yes! in my opinion, it's just so i could see what needs to be done and what can be done. i don't know about the other photographers here but i hate retouching up skin in the photos. so the more fair complexion and healthy skin a model has, the more interested i would be in working with that person

i'm always thinking back to that ANTM episode from last season where tyra shot b&w pics of the models outside behind a black backdrop and with no make up - just vaseline on certain parts of the face.

Mar 27 06 02:01 am Link

Model

Carmilla

Highland, California, US

Okay, thanks! smile

Mar 27 06 02:05 am Link

Photographer

Daniel Norton

New York, New York, US

yes.

most agencies make available polaroids of models with little or no make-up.

Mar 27 06 08:25 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

I dont think you need a before and after shot but it is nice to see what a model looks like with out make-up. Also remeber when going to shoots have a clean no make-up face and make sure that ALL of your mascar is removed. smile Just did a shoot and the new model had no idea that this was a requirement. smile
Hope that helps...Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Mar 27 06 12:36 pm Link

Makeup Artist

UkMakeupArtist

Liverpool, Illinois, US

I had an experience just the other day with a model that makes me scream YES at you!

In all her shots she looks amazing, perfect skin, no eye bags etc etc The reality of her was quite different.  She has bad skin which she has picked and her eye bags are so bad that no amount of laura mercia or rcma could disguise them.  It wasnt the colour but the fact she actually has puffy bags of skin under there!

If the designer had seen a raw unmade up picture of her, she probably wouldnt have been cast...so YES all models should have one "polaroid" type shot of themselves I think  smile

Mar 28 06 03:37 am Link